Author Topic: Travers Park Update  (Read 19299 times)

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
Re: Travers Park Update
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:20 PM »
I hung out in the park for a bit on Sunday, enjoying the nice weather. The park is already so much better than it was. I'll definitely be spending more time there this year.

Yep. Agree 100%.

Offline Matt

• Council Member
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2019, 08:13:00 AM »
I hung out in the park for a bit on Sunday, enjoying the nice weather. The park is already so much better than it was. I'll definitely be spending more time there this year.

Yep. Agree 100%.

I'll see you there! :)

Offline jaxheightzforall

• Tourist
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
The park looks great! Wouldn't it be amazing to have a little coffee/snack kiosk like they do in central park? How can we make this happen? :)

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2019, 02:25:13 PM »
The park looks great! Wouldn't it be amazing to have a little coffee/snack kiosk like they do in central park? How can we make this happen? :)

I love the idea.

Offline European

• Citizen
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2019, 09:52:13 AM »
This morning in the park I saw at least 10-15 dogs all over the park, some even at children's playground! When I thought it couldn't get worse there was a lady with a large dog off leash!!!

I just submitted 311 complaint, but I don't know if it will do any good.

Why don't you, dog owners, request small dog's park in Rory Staunton field, I think that would solve many issues. I was really pissed when I saw this irresponsible dog owner, talking on the phone and letting large dog running around with no leash.

With dog's poop all around JH and now this, I think we have some really bad dog owners here.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2019, 01:15:21 PM »

I love the idea.

if it happens,and it does sound nice, this board will be flooded with complaints about the trash generated in the form of discarded coffee cups, cake wrappers and paper plates/plastic utensils. as we've read in countless other threads, our neighbors are extremely inconsiderate with waste from street food. even if it's street food in a park.

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »
Who is responsible for policing travers park? Is it cops or is it park conservesy?  Of course we can’t have nice things here in JH without it getting absolutely trashed. 

1) “official” dog run in new tennis area.  Shit stain city....
2) the two ladies that block pedestrian flow with matching carts filled with crap.  Half of that crap is cheap dollar store silly string.  Which of course will last forever and is all over the park.

Who can we complain to?  Dromm, 311, 115th?

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2019, 09:37:52 PM »
i don't think cops are responsible for dog poop. not sure about vendors.

Offline JHResident

• Citizen
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2019, 10:31:34 PM »
Not to mention that human garbage inhabiting the park after the bars close for the night. The 115 has to pay more attention to the park now that much of it is available as a hangout.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2019, 08:53:39 AM »
is there a sign stating opening/closing hours as there is at many parks? if not, there should be, and those hours should be enforced as strictly as possible -- i'd like the park to remain clean and in good shape as well.

but since i'm rarely out wandering around at four a.m., i'm curious about the nature of this "human garbage" you've noted in the park at that hour. are they public urinators? drug dealers specializing in selling to insomniacs? skinheads looking for the next julio rivera? roving clergy on the prowl for the kids that might come to the playground a bit later?

Not to mention that human garbage inhabiting the park after the bars close for the night. The 115 has to pay more attention to the park now that much of it is available as a hangout.

Offline JHResident

• Citizen
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2019, 08:18:14 AM »
I don't wander around that time of the morning either. Two nights last week I was awakened by fights between two groups of what sounded like drunken men celebrating the closing of the local bars by moving their party to the park benches. When I went to work at 6 AM there were still a few rowdies passing a bottle and arguing, but no longer as loud. I did notice a couple of nervous dog walkers that were closer, so they might have a better report of what went on. I don't believe these people bothered to read the sign with the hours of operation. It's a convenient place to party if you don't mind waking the neighborhood.

Offline European

• Citizen
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2019, 09:00:00 PM »

2) the two ladies that block pedestrian flow with matching carts filled with crap.  Half of that crap is cheap dollar store silly string.  Which of course will last forever and is all over the park.

I just saw one of the ladies today picking up some of her stuff from the trash can, and taking it with her! It was a plastic bottle for bubbles, I think. I wouldn't want my children to touch something that is taken out of trash can. It was disgusting! I understand that people earn for living, but if you sell to children, you should have some responsibility.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2019, 09:38:20 PM »
why was it in the trash can?
did someone buy it and throw it away?
how do you know she was going to re-sell it?

Offline European

• Citizen
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2019, 08:51:50 AM »

Yes, someone throw it away. She put it among the other stuff, so I am just guessing. Maybe she wanted to recycle it, but what are the chances?

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »

Yes, someone throw it away. She put it among the other stuff, so I am just guessing. Maybe she wanted to recycle it, but what are the chances?

the chances are pretty low, agreed. i have a better picture now, thank you.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2019, 08:56:09 AM »