Author Topic: Travers Park Update  (Read 20261 times)

Offline M7X7

• Activist
Re: Travers Park Update
« Reply #150 on: June 10, 2019, 02:12:49 PM »
and the Interboro told you it was a road connecting two boroughs.

That one, at least, is not terribly descriptive. Many roads "connect two boroughs." It was weird that a specific road had such a generic proper name.

Offline Hagop

• Resident
« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2019, 03:18:02 PM »

"no stopping anytime"

Not just an entrance. Now also a parking lot.

And so it begins...

Offline 80JHer

• Citizen
« Reply #152 on: July 24, 2019, 12:40:48 PM »
they seem to be doing construction again at the park.  looks like the dealership won. By the look of it, seems it will end at the driveway to the chop shop. 

i don't personally mind, the park still looks great.  the dealership has a legit gripe. 
I feel it should never have came to this.  It was a major miss by our sleeping local politicians to have not eminent domain the dealership when it was for sale.  would have been a perfect place for a library or something. 

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2019, 06:00:46 PM »
 I was wondering the same thing. There has been radio silence lately. I think the park looks
great and all the older folks now have a place to sit even if most of the athletics are gone.
It will be easier now to get monies for Jackson Heights becoming more of a NORC- naturally
occurring retirement community- as we have few resources for seniors now.
 The last I heard was that it became less of a community decision and more of a political
thing so we will see what that falls. The police presence on the corner of 34th and 77th
with the squad car is a welcome and less intrusive presence. Am not sure how to feel about
all the vendors though and who will ultimately win the territory.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2019, 06:00:46 PM »