Author Topic: Watercolor demo  (Read 1261 times)

Offline JHAC

• Resident
    • The Jackson Heights Art Club, Inc.
Watercolor demo
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:11:46 AM »
What:  Artist Demo - watercolor

When:  September 21, 2008, at 2:00 PM

Where:
Jackson Heights Art Club - Club Gallery
33-50 82nd Street
St. Mark's Church (lower level)
Jackson Heights, NYC

Who:  Award-winning watercolor artist, Denis Ponsot

Gives a watercolor painting demonstration at General Membership meeting of the new season

For more details, call 718 899-0065, or email AlexisADaniels@aol.com

The demo is free and open to the public

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An artist for more than 30 years, Denis has worked in all of the various media but prefers to work in watercolor.  He also teaches watercolor painting, oils, mixed media and drawing from introductory to advanced levels to children and adults. 

He says, "Teaching is my greatest inspiration.  The combination of teaching and painting has helped to make my artistic experience complete.  Working with students is important to me because I enjoy helping them with their painting and drawing problems.  I am able to encourage them to experiment with their own ideas.  I take pleasure in helping my students expand their artistic horizons beyond their expectations."  Denis teaches at The Craft Students League and The Kids Club in Manhattan and at the Art League of Long Island in Huntington in addition to accepting commissions in watercolor, oil and portrait painting.

Denis has been developing watercolor portfolios in three different areas.  The first area of concentration is "Landscape", second is "Flowers and Still Life" and third is "The Figure and Portraits."

For his landscape paintings, Denis travels to many interesting places where he paints and draws on location.  He uses those sketches as a source of inspiration when he returns to the studio to complete the project.  "In my paintings, there are many aspects I feel I must perfect before they can be considered finished.  My choice of subject is the most important factor, along with establishing the correct lighting.  I use unique lighting effects to enhance my work, and consequently, these effects have become a specialty of mine," he says.

Denis has demonstrated for us before and has also judged our Annual Members Show and our outdoor shows.  We are lucky to have an opportunity to learn the techniques of an artist who teaches and a teacher who paints.  Come to the demo on Sunday and see what you can learn. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 10:28:47 PM by toddg »

Jackson Heights Life

Watercolor demo
« on: September 19, 2008, 08:11:46 AM »