Author Topic: Sac's Pizza  (Read 31827 times)

Offline Simka

• Council Member
Re: What does Sac's have to do to get more business
« Reply #150 on: February 25, 2018, 09:02:06 PM »
We are in the upper 70's and order from Sac's quite often. I wish they had a wood-fired coal brick oven like the Astoria location, but it's still good pizza.
I've ordered from there a few times but have never visited in person (I'm in the low 70s). I like the pizza, but a brick oven would be a plus!

Offline missmarty

• Council Member
« Reply #151 on: March 18, 2018, 09:54:39 AM »
I think Sac's should market their pasta dishes more. They are delicious and home made.
They also do platters and cater. This is what could keep them in business during low sales at the counter/walk in business.

A bunch of new and good restaurants are in business here on the Upper East Side of JH.
I see a restaurant row coming. (Oceanic Boil, Bacchue, Wings Miller, Jackson Gyro)

Offline fillmorep

• Citizen
« Reply #152 on: March 18, 2018, 05:31:35 PM »
Totally agree about the homemade pasta. Truly a cut above. I am addicted to the mushroom ravioli.

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
« Reply #153 on: March 18, 2018, 06:24:09 PM »
I just became aware of there $10.00 two course during the week $10.00 lunch special which I plan to take advantage of starting this week.  I love bargain lunch specials. 

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #154 on: March 18, 2018, 08:30:08 PM »
I think Sac's should market their pasta dishes more.
A bunch of new and good restaurants are in business here on the Upper East Side of JH.
(Oceanic Boil, Bacchue, Wings Miller, Jackson Gyro)

Not new, but popular: La Gran Uruguaya, Urubamba and Pollos A La Brasa Mario; Barilles and Margarita's, also.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2018, 02:51:14 PM »
I remain surprised at how many people seem to think they know how successful the business is or isn't, based on...walking by the business sometimes.

Offline fillmorep

• Citizen
Sac's is no more
« Reply #156 on: October 29, 2019, 09:29:20 PM »
I called tonight to see if they are making their wonderful homemade pasta again, after a summer hiatus. The young man answering the phone told me this Sunday, or shortly thereafter, will be their last day. They aren't doing enough business to pay the rent at that location, even with busy weekends. They'll concentrate on the store in Astoria.

I love their pasta. even if it's pricey. It's homemade after all. I like the pizza too. They use quality ingredients and take pride in what they make. I will miss them.

Online lalochezia

• Mayor
Re: Sac's is no more
« Reply #157 on: October 29, 2019, 09:43:44 PM »
that's a real pity.

Offline Ms. Jackson

• Activist
  • I am for real
Re: Sac's Pizza
« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2019, 05:57:09 AM »
This is sad news.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2019, 09:57:14 AM »
I believe there is such a thing as "too much pizza".

La Famiglia closed @ the subway.

Sacs.

There are lots of pizza joints in the vicinity. Including new ones...(Amore)

Maybe too many?

Offline ZzzzzZzzzzz

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 2015
« Reply #160 on: October 30, 2019, 10:46:17 AM »
This is terrible news.  They are our go to.  And are much better than Mama Rosa's, in my opinion.  If only they had gotten that space instead....

Not sure what we are going to do now.

Offline the80s

• Activist
« Reply #161 on: October 30, 2019, 10:52:44 AM »
Oh no. First Amigos Pizza and now this? Sac's was such a treasure. This is a huge bummer. :(

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #162 on: October 30, 2019, 10:53:33 AM »
I simply cannot believe Jackson Heights could/would not support a great sit down pizza place like Grimaldi's or The B Side.  Sac's was yet another JH establishment that gave no thought to ambience.

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #163 on: October 30, 2019, 11:15:43 AM »
I simply cannot believe Jackson Heights could/would not support a great sit down pizza place like Grimaldi's or The B Side.  Sac's was yet another JH establishment that gave no thought to ambience.

I do agree with you concerning ambiance.  I'm not sure why many establishments around here don't realize how important ambiance is. In the rest of NYC, often, ambiance is everything!

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »
the most popular - and best - pizzerias in new york have zero ambience. Tottono, DiFara, to name two.

Grimaldi's is great. can't be duplicated here because those ovens are now banned. and people go their for the pizza, not the decor. B Side? not my thing, but a doppelganger could do well here -- as long as fans of the gourmet/non-traditional stuff are willing to visit frequently (i like pies like those, but they're an acquired taste).

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #164 on: October 30, 2019, 11:51:36 AM »