Author Topic: Sac's Pizza  (Read 30799 times)

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
Sac's Pizza
« on: July 02, 2016, 05:39:34 AM »
Big deal for pizza in the neighborhood --- Sac's of Astoria is coming to JH. They will have a shop at 86-14 37th Ave which was Party Pizza, next to Tomo Sushi.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
Re: Sacs coming to JH
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 06:33:22 AM »
Sac's of Astoria is coming to JH. They will have a shop at 86-14 37th Ave which was Party Pizza, next to Tomo Sushi.

GREAT NEWS!

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 09:02:26 AM »
omg omg omg omg omg omg
Please don't f*ck it up JH. a place that serves wine/beer....and good pizza?

If the menu is *anything* like this, I am extremely excited

http://www.sacsplace.com/wp-content/uploads/Sacs_Astoria_SD.pdf

http://www.sacsplace.com/news/

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 10:12:25 AM »
It looks like the newsletter says they will only have takeout and delivery at this location -- unless I'm reading it incorrectly.   http://www.icontact-archive.com/znSu4WzEXIv2EsSQZtnhIUm-S4Y0v6NK?w=2  So I would guess no beer and wine since there's no opportunity to eat in.   :(

http://www.icontact-archive.com/znSu4WzEXIv2EsSQZtnhIUm-S4Y0v6NK?w=2

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 10:25:19 AM »
Bummer. "But JH is such a great place for food"*.

Sad trombone.

*Food in restaurants with limited aesthetic appeal with no good drinks options.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2016, 02:53:58 PM »
great pizza. i can live without sitting down to eat it with a metal knife and fork next to me that i won't use.

Offline AmazingJason

• Activist
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »
Bummer. "But JH is such a great place for food"*.

Sad trombone.

*Food in restaurants with limited aesthetic appeal with no good drinks options.

Jackson Heights is a foodie's paradise  ;D

Offline AmazingJason

• Activist
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2016, 09:29:05 PM »
Sac's of Astoria is coming to JH. They will have a shop at 86-14 37th Ave which was Party Pizza, next to Tomo Sushi.

GREAT NEWS!

Agreed. Sac's is a top 10 slice of pizza in the entire country.

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2016, 10:01:29 PM »
If it's take-out/delivery pizza only--disappointing. We don't eat pizza except on rare occasions. If they also offer the broader Italian food menu someone posted, that sounds great, though I really do not understand why it seems impossible for anyone to open a pub or full-service cafe or bistro or any variety of a real American-style restaurant in this neighborhood. We are the most diverse neighborhood, yes, but what is left out is the sort of place I just mentioned. The two places that are in the works seem to be suffering from an extraordinary series of delays, while there are new restaurants opening all the time that are oriented towards one particular segment of the immigrant JH population or another. And why is that? And how many sports bars does one neighborhood need?

I know I am being politically incorrect, but it seems to me that this neighborhood is made up of businesses that cater to their population only. It's like the "integrated" school where the members of different groups never mix. That's fine, only I don't understand why there can't be a few more places that cater to me. Basic American food, chicken, pasta, burgers, sandwiches, good veggies and salads, beer and wine. Not a diner -- with a nicer atmosphere than that, ideally with no TV! (I know that's asking a lot--there are TVs everywhere now.)

I do enjoy all the varied cuisines available here, but why is it asking too much to have something like a Bareburger as well? Some of the restaurants here are quite expensive and always busy. It's simply not true that people here can't afford anything more than fast food. Why can't we have a few traditional American/European-style options? I really don't get it, but I am beginning to think there is some sort of conspiracy to prevent that from happening.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
The Illuminati.

Offline ptbass75

• Mayor
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »
 Wonderful news. Finally, we will have a good good pizza place to call our own. Disappointing if it is only does take out and  delivery, I was under the impression that that particular location should have enough room for sitdown service, as I think the other pizza places that existed there did.    I'll be by sacs on Thursday so I might pop in and ask for clarification.

Offline Liz

• Council Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2016, 12:41:14 PM »
LTR - there have been restaurants such as you wish in the JH area like the Cavalier (American) and Limoncello (Italian) that have gone out of business.  I'd say we have what our community supports - unfortunately with the large rents opening a business in JH is a big risk.  I'm looking forward to Sacs and I hope it is sit down.  I hope the other restaurants - the Queensboro will come soon, but I know I shudder when I go by Lockwood and see how empty it is at times.  The chains - like Gap, Starbucks, and Sketchers and the restaurants with a built in following are more likely to survive.

Offline ljr

• Council Member
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 07:58:09 PM »
Liz--with lots of new residents coming into JH, the area is changing and has changed since the restaurants you mentioned went by the wayside. People are spending a lot of money to buy apartments here now. How can it be that we cannot support a wider variety of food options? People who are relatively affluent who live here go to LIC or Astoria to patronize restaurants. Or Sunnyside. Does Sunnyside have that much wealthier or more upscale a population than JH? Even Woodside has Case del Chef and I think a few other places. Why can't JH have the same? I don't believe what you say. Some of the places here ARE expensive. And seem to be doing well.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2016, 08:19:57 PM »
I peered into the windows of the pizza shop. It's getting a remake, but looks to be cosmetic at this point with the seating still bolted to the floor.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 08:24:07 PM »
uncle peters is decent continental. armando's is welcoming old school italian, cassidy's serves a great pub burger,

could we use one or two more? sure.

how about some of the people who want change do something to make it happen. open the place you want. or give someone the money to do it.

Liz--with lots of new residents coming into JH, the area is changing and has changed since the restaurants you mentioned went by the wayside. People are spending a lot of money to buy apartments here now. How can it be that we cannot support a wider variety of food options? People who are relatively affluent who live here go to LIC or Astoria to patronize restaurants. Or Sunnyside. Does Sunnyside have that much wealthier or more upscale a population than JH? Even Woodside has Case del Chef and I think a few other places. Why can't JH have the same? I don't believe what you say. Some of the places here ARE expensive. And seem to be doing well.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2016, 08:24:07 PM »