Author Topic: Build the community and help other who have less. Lions Share pantry  (Read 1248 times)

Offline Gordan

• Activist
Probably refreshing an old topic here:

Lion's Share food pantry happens every second Saturday at St Marks Church, 82nd and 34th. They are always looking for donations and new people to volunteer. You can just show up at 9am and it runs til noon or so. Usually people focus on canned goods, rice, and pasta etc. But, other items like personal care (soap, toothpaste, toilet paper) are also needed and often over looked. Drop offs can be done around 9am and they start handing out at 10am. Cynthia and Bill who run it are incredibly welcoming and warm people.

Offline Fedup

• Resident
Re: Build the community and help other who have less. Lions Share pantry
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »
Thanks so much for the heads up -- have been looking to help out in the community and this seems ideal.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 03:39:59 PM »
Probably refreshing an old topic here:

Lion's Share food pantry happens every second Saturday at St Marks Church, 82nd and 34th. They are always looking for donations and new people to volunteer. You can just show up at 9am and it runs til noon or so. Usually people focus on canned goods, rice, and pasta etc. But, other items like personal care (soap, toothpaste, toilet paper) are also needed and often over looked. Drop offs can be done around 9am and they start handing out at 10am. Cynthia and Bill who run it are incredibly welcoming and warm people.

Does anyone know if people can just show up on the 2nd Saturday of the month with food contributions? I have several unopened packages of oatmeal that I'd like to drop off.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 05:06:56 PM »
 I have done this a number of times. You can go earlier and say I have something to drop off.
BTW this is a wonderful operation with truly dedicated volunteers and a really appreciative
client base. A great charitable group right here in Jackson Heights!

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 08:29:04 PM »
Does anyone know if people can just show up on the 2nd Saturday of the month with food contributions? I have several unopened packages of oatmeal that I'd like to drop off.
AM DenDekker makes it easy to donate to the St.Mark's food pantry.

Accepting Food Donations!
Assemblyman DenDekker's office continues to accept donations of non-perishable food items on behalf of St. Mark's Church Lion's Share Food Pantry!
Those interested in donating should drop off non-perishable food items to our office at 75-35 31st Ave, Suite 206B, East Elmhurst, NY. Our office is open from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM from Monday - Friday.
The Saint Mark's Church Lion's Share Food Pantry distributes these items every second Saturday of the month from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM in the Parish Hall, and is located at 33-50 82nd St, Jackson Heights, NY 11372.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 02:50:04 PM »
i also tend to donate at St. Joan of Arc, which, for some odd reason, takes off the three summer months, but collects first Sat/Sun of the month. they contribute the food to Marguerite's Pantry, which distributes at Our Lady of Fatima, over by the Landing Lights. Blessed Sacrament and one other church in the "cluster" also take part.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2019, 02:50:04 PM »