Author Topic: Mejbaan Restaurant  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Dodger

• Citizen
Mejbaan Restaurant
« on: May 12, 2016, 04:59:55 PM »
On 37th Ave: I believe it's opening this weekend.  The sign (attached) makes me love this neighborhood a little bit more.

Offline cellblock4

• Tourist
Re: Mejbaan Restaurant
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 09:31:21 AM »
looks like it's trying to be all things to all people instead of specializing. never know until you try it, but i'm suspect.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 10:26:02 PM »
...And it's gone.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 10:18:25 AM »
I love this location. Lots of action on the street to watch, yet it feels like an oasis in there. I always think if they had a high end buffet, like $25 per person then it would do really well. People want to act rich and there are way too many buffets in the $10-15 range. But I really don't know what it's like to own a restaurant and I don't know what their motivations are overall.

Offline jh35

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 10:45:03 AM »
But I really don't know what it's like to own a restaurant and I don't know what their motivations are overall.

Years ago I was in a new Indian restaurant (mostly take out with 3-4 tables) and overheard the owner and his lawyer talking about the reason he opened the restaurant. He was applying for visas for 200 (!!) of his relatives and friends to work in the tiny restaurant.

I think some of the businesses and restaurants around here may be involved in other things, like money laundering.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 04:50:02 PM »
But I really don't know what it's like to own a restaurant and I don't know what their motivations are overall.

Years ago I was in a new Indian restaurant (mostly take out with 3-4 tables) and overheard the owner and his lawyer talking about the reason he opened the restaurant. He was applying for visas for 200 (!!) of his relatives and friends to work in the tiny restaurant.

I think some of the businesses and restaurants around here may be involved in other things, like money laundering.

New York tradition. that's how Italian Williamsburg was born!

Offline BEB

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2019, 08:48:15 PM »
Heard a little about the sale of this building during a JH Open House NY tour this past year. Probably has something to do with it closing...

http://nyrej.com/ibrahim-of-entrepreneur-properties-represents-buyer-in-16-million-sale-of-jackson-heights-property

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2019, 12:20:22 AM »
Heard a little about the sale of this building during a JH Open House NY tour this past year. Probably has something to do with it closing...

http://nyrej.com/ibrahim-of-entrepreneur-properties-represents-buyer-in-16-million-sale-of-jackson-heights-property

Who is the "local investor" for this bldg....?

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:04 AM »
This is interesting, especially the part about the tenants having a clause in their lease requiring them to comply with new construction over existing storefronts. I would think it would be pretty hard to keep a business open while additional floors are being constructed overhead.

Previously listed on Loopnet (no longer for sale)
"Marcus & Millichap has been selected to exclusively market for sale 7412
- 7424 37th Avenue in Jackson Heights, New York. The shopping center
is a great redevelopment opportunity with prime location, just minutes
outside of Manhattan. The 10,001-square foot center is fully occupied
with restaurants, grocery and convenience stores. Four out of five of the
neighborhood. Each tenant has a provision in their lease which requires
them to comply with new construction over the existing store fronts."

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/19976854/7412-7424-37th-Ave-Jackson-Heights-NY/

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2019, 12:28:04 AM »