Author Topic: Washington Plaza  (Read 130071 times)

Offline jh35

• Council Member
Re: Washington Plaza
« Reply #510 on: May 11, 2017, 06:03:30 PM »
The one renovated hallway looks good. Hopefully the rest of the floors get done soon. I wish they'd get rid of the pond or redo it. It doesn't add much to the aesthetics of the place. I'd prefer more usable common area.

N00b: Doesn't add much to the aesthetics? Seriously? What would you rather have there?

The one renovated hallway looks good. Hopefully the rest of the floors get done soon. I wish they'd get rid of the pond or redo it. It doesn't add much to the aesthetics of the place. I'd prefer more usable common area.

In which building is the renovated hall?

Maybe they could take out the pool and put in a volleyball court.

jh35: It's on the fifth floor in building C.

I hope you're kidding about the volleyball court.  :D

Literally anything else. Unless significant maintenance is dedicated to the pond (as in hourly attention), the pond is going to look gross/broke. To me, that trade off is not worth it. Just a personal opinion. I'm aware that it's probably going to stick around.

The cascading pool is always well maintained, as is the garden.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #511 on: May 12, 2017, 01:49:46 PM »

N00b: Doesn't add much to the aesthetics? Seriously? What would you rather have there?

In which building is the renovated hall?

Maybe they could take out the pool and put in a volleyball court.

jh35: It's on the fifth floor in building C.

I hope you're kidding about the volleyball court.  :D

I went to see the renovated hallway on the fifth floor of building C.  ??? Could it be more ugly?

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #512 on: May 12, 2017, 03:43:27 PM »
The non renovated hallway is pretty bad to begin with? I don't know about your building but mine is pretty dark and bleh. Can you snap a photo

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #513 on: May 16, 2017, 08:56:28 AM »
Yea I mean relative to the old hallways the new hall is an improvement. They did it the easy way though. Just a paint job and put carpet over the old floors. I can see the carpet getting dirty really quickly.

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #514 on: May 16, 2017, 11:27:38 AM »
Yea I mean relative to the old hallways the new hall is an improvement. They did it the easy way though. Just a paint job and put carpet over the old floors. I can see the carpet getting dirty really quickly.
Really? That's disappointing. So it looks nothing like this rendering? Unless the rendering is meant to be reflective of the building lobbies, not the hallways.

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #515 on: May 16, 2017, 11:38:40 AM »
Yea, that's just the lobby.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #516 on: May 16, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #517 on: May 16, 2017, 12:47:18 PM »

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #518 on: May 16, 2017, 12:47:41 PM »

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #519 on: May 16, 2017, 12:48:09 PM »

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #520 on: May 16, 2017, 12:49:36 PM »

The carpeting looks better in the pictures. It is cheap, thin squares.

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #521 on: May 16, 2017, 03:53:21 PM »

The carpeting looks better in the pictures. It is cheap, thin squares.
Hahaha. I was just thinking: Oh the carpeting doesn't look so bad. Well, if nothing else, the door knockers look good. lol.

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #522 on: May 16, 2017, 06:04:23 PM »
They painted the doors and added new light bulbs as well.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #523 on: May 16, 2017, 10:01:20 PM »
good to hear the renovations are going to people's liking.

but carpeting in common areas? seriously?

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #524 on: May 16, 2017, 11:43:35 PM »
good to hear the renovations are going to people's liking.

but carpeting in common areas? seriously?
To someone else's point, I don't think that would be the case for the lobbies, which doesn't have carpeting in the rendering. But in the hallway...it's not that uncommon. The building we currently live in in LIC has carpenting in the hallways. Perhaps the upside is that our carpets are regularly cleaned by one of the many porters employed by the management company. Probably won't be as consistent here, which could lead to some messy halls...

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #524 on: May 16, 2017, 11:43:35 PM »