Author Topic: Washington Plaza  (Read 128257 times)

Offline JacksonHeightsCPA

• Tourist
Re: Washington Plaza
« Reply #480 on: April 09, 2017, 08:00:37 PM »
Anyone had any luck with the sponsor on getting a date that their apartment would have the renovations complete?

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #481 on: April 09, 2017, 09:16:18 PM »
Anyone had any luck with the sponsor on getting a date that their apartment would have the renovations complete?
It's unlikely you're going to get a firm date on anything.

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #482 on: April 30, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »
Hooooly cow. Just went to visit the progress on my unit today and it is SO far behind. It's unlikely that we'll be moving to JH this summer (a June closing and July move was my expectation). Fall is more viable. I'm thinking September close, October move. What's going on with other people's?

• Tourist
« Reply #483 on: April 30, 2017, 10:51:45 PM »
Same for me - construction is running a few months behind the original estimate.  We were originally thinking March but looking like June now.  Looking forward to finally moving in  :D

Offline MrPlaza

• Council Member
« Reply #484 on: May 01, 2017, 09:59:47 AM »
Same for me - construction is running a few months behind the original estimate.  We were originally thinking March but looking like June now.  Looking forward to finally moving in  :D
Are they at least giving you realistic estimates now? Because as recently as the 20th, they were saying it would be appraisal-ready by May 15th. I still have open walls and unfinished plumbing and electrical work, let alone things like bathtubs and kitchen counters. Haha. The broker who was working said Fall is more realistic. But who's actually the person giving these updates?

• Tourist
« Reply #485 on: May 02, 2017, 07:51:50 AM »
I received my initial estimate of March when I was going into contract in November.  That seemed reasonable to me (I admittedly know nothing about construction timelines) because my apartment had not even begun renovations.  I reached out to the broker in March and was told things were running behind a little behind schedule and now I was looking at a June appraisal and move in per the construction team.  I assume these new estimates are realistic but I haven't verified anything.

Luckily my current landlord is flexible and I can wait it out. 

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #486 on: May 02, 2017, 03:29:21 PM »
They told you appraisal by May 15th and then later that fall is more likely?! That's ridiculous

Are they at least giving you realistic estimates now? Because as recently as the 20th, they were saying it would be appraisal-ready by May 15th. I still have open walls and unfinished plumbing and electrical work, let alone things like bathtubs and kitchen counters. Haha. The broker who was working said Fall is more realistic. But who's actually the person giving these updates?

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #487 on: May 02, 2017, 03:46:16 PM »
They told you appraisal by May 15th and then later that fall is more likely?! That's ridiculous

They had about 55 empty apartments when the building applied to be a co-op and all of them are being converted and renovated. They had the work crews running from apartment to apartment doing the renovations.

The major work seems to be done based upon the observation of fewer workers running around and less noise and filth in the halls. I am sure it is hard to coordinate all of the deliveries and installations even after the walls are finished.

Now, they have offered buy-outs to the existing tenants and I wonder how many people have accepted this. I hope it does not start another round of renovations since this round has lasted for about 3 years.

Also, did anyone check the amperage of the apartments? They never seemed to install new electrical boxes in the basement.

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #488 on: May 02, 2017, 06:37:08 PM »
i think 3 or 4 apartments took the buy out. they posted a notice. still waiting on gym and renovated hallways and lobbies.................

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #489 on: May 02, 2017, 06:56:25 PM »
i think 3 or 4 apartments took the buy out. they posted a notice. still waiting on gym and renovated hallways and lobbies.................

Who is going to pay for the new lobbies and halls? Did they say there would be no assessment?

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #490 on: May 02, 2017, 07:33:31 PM »
was under the impression that was part of the transition?

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #491 on: May 02, 2017, 07:35:21 PM »

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #492 on: May 03, 2017, 07:02:38 AM »
Anyone know the status of the basement?

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #493 on: May 03, 2017, 11:58:43 AM »
Anyone know the status of the basement?

It is filthy. I don't know where the gym is supposed to be installed, so I can't comment on that.

Offline N00b

• Activist
« Reply #494 on: May 03, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »
So we'll be living without a gym for at least 2 years. Great.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #494 on: May 03, 2017, 12:17:40 PM »