Author Topic: Washington Plaza  (Read 128298 times)

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
Re: Washington Plaza
« Reply #255 on: June 15, 2016, 12:02:33 PM »
I think the structural changes have been pretty minor in most of the floor plans unless it was one that was getting more bedrooms or being merged with a second apartment to create one of the huge ones.  Most of the one-bedrooms haven't changed much at all. 

I'm so jealous that the three bedrooms have washer-dryer hookups.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #256 on: June 15, 2016, 12:15:06 PM »
It's definitely a matter of opinion and preference. But when language creeps in about how people shouldn't "pretend they are honoring the space" when what is really meant is "it doesn't suit my sensibilities" the discussion is moving beyond opinions and preferences.

I wouldn't be surprised if the writer of that article never set foot in Washington Plaza or has only been to Jackson Heights to each at the Jackson Diner.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #257 on: June 15, 2016, 01:45:26 PM »
I'm not sure how the NY Times real estate section chooses the places they write blurbs on. I wonder if it's like the wedding section, where you compete to have your wedding in the paper and have to pay $$$ if they select yours.

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #258 on: June 15, 2016, 10:16:00 PM »
I'm not sure how the NY Times real estate section chooses the places they write blurbs on. I wonder if it's like the wedding section, where you compete to have your wedding in the paper and have to pay $$$ if they select yours.

Yeah, I don't know. I have seen supposed news articles in small local papers that were clearly directly copied from press releases, and I figured the papers were happy to run something that was already written. I imagine it takes much more leverage to get your press release written up as an article in The New York Times.

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #259 on: June 21, 2016, 11:28:08 AM »
It's unlikely you have to pay $$$ to be featured in the section since the NY Times needs to maintain some credibility that a wall between editorial and business exists. But, it's commonly understood that wall for really advertising reliant sections (real estate, automobiles for example) is quite low.

My guess is that someone from the developer or real estate agency contacted the section. To me in seems like a slam dunk for coverage - neighborhood that has easy and fast access to Manhattan; great visuals for the apartments and the fountain; prices that are a steal by Manhattan standards; increasing interest in the neighborhood as Western Queens prices rise.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #260 on: June 23, 2016, 01:10:51 AM »
Apt #C51 is such a beautiful apartment. However I think the maintenance is a bit too high at $1787 in compare to most of the three bedrooms co-op in JH. With a listing prices at $935k.

This 4 bedroom/3 bathroom apartment in the Towers has a monthly maintenance of $1588 (asking price $1,150,000)
http://www.brownstoner.com/listing/ELLIMAN-2451627/3339-80th-st-apt-223339-80th-st-apt-22-jackson-heights-ny-11372/

Maybe it's not a fair comparison since the Towers one does have both an additional bedroom and an additional bathroom.

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #261 on: June 23, 2016, 08:42:20 AM »
Is that tiny fourth bedroom part of the original design at the Towers?  It destroys the layout.  Open up that space and make a big, beautiful kitchen/dining area.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #262 on: June 23, 2016, 09:23:18 AM »
Is that tiny fourth bedroom part of the original design at the Towers?  It destroys the layout.  Open up that space and make a big, beautiful kitchen/dining area.

I'm not sure.  It's possible you could check on the Columbia real estate brochures.  http://nyre.cul.columbia.edu/

Offline abcdefghijk

• Mayor
« Reply #263 on: June 23, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
I have been in one of those apartments.

The fourth small bedroom with ensuite was the maid's room in the old days.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #264 on: June 23, 2016, 11:35:21 AM »
They are combining two apartments to make a 4-bedroom at Washington Plaza (I think it's still being renovated). It's going to be huge - I can't even imagine what the maintenance will be.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2016, 05:17:36 PM »
Verizon is connecting Washington Plaza to FIOS this week. There was a break in the landline copper cable, so they are fixing that and connecting FIOS at the same time.

The apartments can not be connected to FIOS until Delta Management signs the FIOS papers. FIOS engineering says they are on John's desk. (Forgot the last name)   

Delta Management  1-212-753-4120

FIOS Engineering  1-888-eng-fios (1-888 364 3467)

If you have a verizon landline and your phone rings once and there is no one there, that indicates a bad connection. Call them. 1 (800) 837-4966

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2016, 07:05:18 PM »
Verizon is connecting Washington Plaza to FIOS this week. There was a break in the landline copper cable, so they are fixing that and connecting FIOS at the same time.

The apartments can not be connected to FIOS until Delta Management signs the FIOS papers. FIOS engineering says they are on John's desk. (Forgot the last name)   

Delta Management  1-212-753-4120

FIOS Engineering  1-888-eng-fios (1-888 364 3467)

If you have a verizon landline and your phone rings once and there is no one there, that indicates a bad connection. Call them. 1 (800) 837-4966

Wow! I am glad to hear about this. I am totally sick of Time Warner.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #267 on: June 29, 2016, 08:24:06 AM »
Me too!  My TW internet is slower than it's supposed to be and my cable bill creeps up back to the same price no matter what I do to lower it. It's like they have a "magic number" they want me to pay and if I get rid of one service, they just increase the price of something else within a couple of months to make up for it.

I noticed that the most expensive two-bedroom (674K) was listed as in contract a few days ago (apt. A24). It looks like a few more one bedrooms sold as well. I'm curious to see how many sales are listed in the new document that will be posted in the lobby this weekend. If it's over 20, I think there's a decent change that they will start closings by the end of July (the attorney said they will probably start closing when they hit 35% renovated units sold instead of 50%).

Have you heard anything about how many tenants are planning to purchase their apartments?  I guess July 8 is the new deadline. I know of three in my building - but I don't really go around asking people about it so there might be more. However, there are quite a few elderly folks in my building who I know aren't planning to purchase.

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #268 on: July 08, 2016, 01:49:02 PM »
Here is an update on FIOS in Washington Plaza.

The fiber cable is in the basement. There is no indication in the verizon computer that John Busch at Delta Management has signed the approval papers. 

After approval, the next step is to wire the entire building and then the individual apartments that order the service.

"It could not possibly be installed before the end of the year because of the recent verizon strike and the installers workload", according to the FIOS engineer.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »
Washington Plaza coop profiled in Brickunderground:

A three-bedroom, two-bath co-op for under $1 million? Yes, in Jackson Heights

"Jackson Heights, Queens, is one of those neighborhoods where the apartments are large and full of character (and the area is family friendly, too!). This particular co-op is no exception. Even sweeter, the 1,500-square-foot, three-bedroom, two-bath, repped by Nu-Place Realty, has an asking price under a million: $935,000 to be exact.

Apartments in the Art Deco prewar building, built in 1940, has classic features from that era, like high ceilings, crown moldings, and archways. The Italian-style kitchen in this apartment will have solid wood cabinetry, Caesarstone countertops and stainless steel appliances, and the bathrooms have Grohe Grandera accessories." click link above for article

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #269 on: July 29, 2016, 08:50:56 PM »