Author Topic: Washington Plaza  (Read 128258 times)

Offline eddie

• Activist
Re: Washington Plaza
« Reply #225 on: June 03, 2016, 03:18:59 PM »
I came across a listing for one of the three-bedroom, two-bath apartments on the Times site today, and was surprised to see...REAL PHOTOS! Well, not of the bathroom—that's still the one with the magical Manhattan skyline in the window—but the other pictures looked like actual photographs.

http://www.nytimes.com/real-estate/usa/ny/queens/jackson-heights/homes-for-sale/73-12-35th-avenue-c51/478-5b4aaf59607f5

beautiful apt, huge kitchen, that maintenance though!

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #226 on: June 04, 2016, 04:23:01 PM »
simka, not sure if you heard that the owner has counter-offered with a 20% discount off the outsider price (for current tenants). And they are allowing 5% down instead of 10%. 

No, Lilybell—I hadn't heard that. You'd think something like that would have been posted on the tenants' group. Well, maybe it has been, but I haven't gotten an email notification.

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #227 on: June 04, 2016, 04:26:53 PM »
I came across a listing for one of the three-bedroom, two-bath apartments on the Times site today, and was surprised to see...REAL PHOTOS! Well, not of the bathroom—that's still the one with the magical Manhattan skyline in the window—but the other pictures looked like actual photographs.

http://www.nytimes.com/real-estate/usa/ny/queens/jackson-heights/homes-for-sale/73-12-35th-avenue-c51/478-5b4aaf59607f5

beautiful apt, huge kitchen, that maintenance though!

Agreed, the maintenance is pretty high.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #228 on: June 06, 2016, 12:26:32 PM »
simka, not sure if you heard that the owner has counter-offered with a 20% discount off the outsider price (for current tenants). And they are allowing 5% down instead of 10%. 

No, Lilybell—I hadn't heard that. You'd think something like that would have been posted on the tenants' group. Well, maybe it has been, but I haven't gotten an email notification.

It was posted, but someone mentioned they are having issues with receiving notifications (if you are referring to the google group). 

Saturday was really loud along 73rd street (traffic from Pride and constant plane noise). I can't imagine the sales center was thrilled (due to the open house). 

Offline Simka

• Council Member
« Reply #229 on: June 08, 2016, 11:38:43 PM »

It was posted, but someone mentioned they are having issues with receiving notifications (if you are referring to the google group). 

Saturday was really loud along 73rd street (traffic from Pride and constant plane noise). I can't imagine the sales center was thrilled (due to the open house).

I bet the sales center wasn't too happy with the two camps of women from building D screaming at each other in the courtyard a couple of Saturdays ago. Did you hear them? There was a small group of prospective buyers out there, huddled together off to the side, watching as the police arrived and tried to calm everyone down.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #230 on: June 09, 2016, 10:32:23 AM »
Oh my god Simka, that was so crazy!  I live in D and they fight constantly - one of the women lives below the other one's family and she gets over the top about their noise.  They are pretty loud but her reactions are extreme.  The argument started because she was filming the family and yelling at them as they walked out of the building (for no reason; they weren't doing anything). 

She is now trying to get some sort of petition together to try to get the family evicted. Which will never happen.  She only has the support of one other person in the building.

Can you believe the outsider prices are going up by 15%?  I am flabbergasted. I guess they got a good response from tenants who are going to purchase their own units and she's confident she's going to hit her numbers soon (prob. in August).  The seller's attorney said that they will probably start closing on apartments when they hit 35% instead of 50%. I didn't think that was allowed but he said that as long as the lender agrees it's fine.

Offline iqtsarah

• Resident
« Reply #231 on: June 09, 2016, 11:38:38 AM »
Oh my god Simka, that was so crazy!  I live in D and they fight constantly - one of the women lives below the other one's family and she gets over the top about their noise.  They are pretty loud but her reactions are extreme.  The argument started because she was filming the family and yelling at them as they walked out of the building (for no reason; they weren't doing anything). 

She is now trying to get some sort of petition together to try to get the family evicted. Which will never happen.  She only has the support of one other person in the building.

Can you believe the outsider prices are going up by 15%?  I am flabbergasted. I guess they got a good response from tenants who are going to purchase their own units and she's confident she's going to hit her numbers soon (prob. in August).  The seller's attorney said that they will probably start closing on apartments when they hit 35% instead of 50%. I didn't think that was allowed but he said that as long as the lender agrees it's fine.

Yup I just notice many of there apartment prices went up. For example.
1 bedroom $C36 went up from $402,900 to $438,000
2 bedroom #B53 was at $575,000 now is $585,000

Prices are keep going up in JH.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #232 on: June 09, 2016, 03:12:45 PM »

And I think they might go higher, but I'm not positive. The tenants received a new amendment that said the outsider prices are increasing by 15%, but so far the largest increase I've seen has been 9%. They release new apartments for sale in batches of one or two, so I'm wondering if the next batch will be 15% higher. 

C36 has such an awkward floor plan; there are so many better options for that price.

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #233 on: June 09, 2016, 09:37:04 PM »

And I think they might go higher, but I'm not positive. The tenants received a new amendment that said the outsider prices are increasing by 15%, but so far the largest increase I've seen has been 9%. They release new apartments for sale in batches of one or two, so I'm wondering if the next batch will be 15% higher. 

C36 has such an awkward floor plan; there are so many better options for that price.

Funny, I looked at many of the one bedroom layouts this past weekend (as well as the three bedroom) and found C36 to have the most ideal floor plan of the one bedrooms.  I guess we all have our own tastes. 

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #234 on: June 10, 2016, 09:32:15 AM »
Funny, I looked at many of the one bedroom layouts this past weekend (as well as the three bedroom) and found C36 to have the most ideal floor plan of the one bedrooms.  I guess we all have our own tastes.

I wasn't very clear with what I wrote - my main issue is the lack of sunlight more than the actual layout.  I have a similar long narrow hallway in my apartment and it just feels like wasted space to me; but I can see how it might be desirable to someone else. 

Edited: isn't the 3 bedroom gorgeous?  I love the silk wallpaper in the entry area.

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Activist
« Reply #235 on: June 10, 2016, 10:57:49 AM »
Regarding C36.......I liked the separation of the bedroom and bathroom from the rest of the apartment.  The lack of sunlight would be a negative.  I wasn't looking closely enough to notice that day.  The 3 bedroom was gorgeous!  I wish I could lop off the 2 smaller bedrooms and move the rest of the apartment to my current location on 80th Street...........and keep my current maintenance payments which are under $400.  That would be heaven!

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #236 on: June 10, 2016, 12:07:27 PM »
It would be a dream come true to have one of those apartments with a low maintenance.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 12:16:09 PM by Lilybell »

Offline iqtsarah

• Resident
« Reply #237 on: June 10, 2016, 03:40:35 PM »
Apt #C51 is such a beautiful apartment. However I think the maintenance is a bit too high at $1787 in compare to most of the three bedrooms co-op in JH. With a listing prices at $935k. A 20% downpayment will be $187,000. And that’s not including closing cost yet.  With the current mortgage rate at close to 3.5 for 30 years. Added the maintenance. Your monthly payment will be $5146 PER MONTH. And if you are lucky enough to saved up to 30% downpayment which is $280,500. Your monthly payment will be reduce to $4690 PER MONTH. However you still want to have a little bit saving left after you shell out almost close $300k of downpayment. I have to say who ever move in to those three bedroom apartments in WP has to have a really high income, or dual income, or even saved up a lot a lot money. Paying five thousand something a month just to live seems like a lot. Even you do pay down 50% of downpayment at $467,500 (which is a lot money o save).  Your monthly payment will still be $3860. A little better now consider people are paying $3200 for one bedroom rental in Williamsburg.  But it’s still a lot. Just my thought.

Offline Cassat

• Citizen
« Reply #238 on: June 10, 2016, 05:46:57 PM »

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2016, 08:13:53 AM »
Thanks Cassat!  I completely forgot there's a 4-bedroom.  It's huge.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #239 on: June 12, 2016, 08:13:53 AM »