Author Topic: Livery cab driver shot in the face  (Read 2510 times)

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
Livery cab driver shot in the face
« on: August 22, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
A livery cab driver working for the Tulcingo Car Service was shot in the face overnight.  According to NY1, the shooting occurred by the intersection of Northern and Junction Blvds.  The news is identifying this area of Queens as East Elmhurst.  I thought this was still Jackson Heights or Corona?

Fortunately, the driver survived the shooting.  The attacker escaped and was described as a man wearing a gray colored hoodie.

Queens Livery Cab Driver Shot In The Face Overnight
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline Chuckster

• Mayor
Re: Livery cab driver shot in the face
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:39:09 PM »
The Daily News has more info on the shooting:

New York Daily News
Livery cab driver shot in face in attempted robbery in Queens
BY TANANGACHI MFUNI
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, August 22nd 2008, 8:12 AM

A 37-year-old livery cab driver was shot in the face Friday morning during what police say appeared to be an attempted robbery.

The victim, identified by co-workers as Jose Santacruz, had been driving a cab part-time to support his wife and kids in Ecuador. The bread winner was nearly killed in a flash of gunfire about 1:30 a.m.

"He kept on shouting for help," said Dagoberto Cisnero, a dispatcher at Tulcingo, where the victim has worked for about two months.

Cisnero heard the wounded driver's desperate calls for help over the cab service's radio.

"When he released the mic, he said he was on Junction and Northern," the dispatcher recalled. "I sent a few drivers to see what was going on."

Cabbies, cops and paramedics found Santacruz lying on the ground and bleeding from the face. Police said he was shot in the right cheek.

Santacruz, who has a second job as a cook in Manhattan, is in stable condition at Elmhurst General Hospital. Cops haven't made an arrest.

Police said a man called from a pay phone outside a supermarket on Astoria Blvd. near 99th St., asking to go to 25-04 Curtis St. in Corona. Co-workers believe Santacruz made the pickup since the shooting occurred in that vicinity.

Cops are checking a surveillance camera inside the cab to see if it captured the shooting.
The Chuckster has spoken!

Offline Aronan

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 03:42:59 PM »
A livery cab driver working for the Tulcingo Car Service was shot in the face overnight.  According to NY1, the shooting occurred by the intersection of Northern and Junction Blvds.  The news is identifying this area of Queens as East Elmhurst.  I thought this was still Jackson Heights or Corona?

Fortunately, the driver survived the shooting.  The attacker escaped and was described as a man wearing a gray colored hoodie.

Queens Livery Cab Driver Shot In The Face Overnight

I think it's the point where JH, Corona, and E. Elmhurst meet. North of Norther blvd. I believe its' Es Elmhurst, ast of Junction and south of Northern I believe is Corona, and JH is west of Junction.
"It is widely recognized that the courageous spirit of a
single man can inspire to victory an army of
thousands. If one concerned with ordinary gain can
create such an effect, how much more will be produced by one who cares for greater things ?" -Chunag Tse

Offline GregNYC

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:14:58 AM »
That's awful.

Offline bkozis

• Tourist
  • Reiki practitioner
    • Experience Reiki
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 03:08:41 AM »
thats crazy