Author Topic: Armondo's  (Read 15051 times)

Offline JH3525

• Council Member
Re: Welcome Back, Armondo's!
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2015, 08:07:21 PM »
I always enjoyed late lunch at Armondo's.  The salmon with a side of linguini with garlic and oil was a bargain at $14.  I shall be returning. 

Offline QueensLand

• Citizen
Re: Welcome Back, Armondo's!
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 09:34:10 AM »
Visited the new Armondo's yesterday & loved it (in my opinion, their Fettucini Alfredo rivals Arthur Avenue's!)
There's a little more info about the opening here -http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150219/jackson-heights/armondos-restaurant-reopens-former-trieste-space

Offline NYC Native

• Mayor
Re: Armondo's
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2015, 12:17:55 AM »
I haven't been there in 2 or 3 years  :-[ but as I recall, for the food and white cloth service, they had the best lunch deal in JH.  I'm glad to hear they are still doing it.  
Time is running out!

Offline francis

• Mayor
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2018, 12:54:30 PM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Armondo's on Northern Blv'd.  I just had dinner there last night and wanted to say how nice it is  to still have a place in Jackson Heights that is comfortable,  with excellent service in a clean (they have an "A" rating), intimate environment where the owner is present and engaging.  Most importantly, I thought the food was  perfectly prepared offering traditional Italian fare.  I love the fact that they still clean the crumbs off your table after you eat, a custom you may find in finer European eateries. 

Offline queenskid2

• Activist
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2018, 11:31:57 AM »
I just wanted to give a shout out to Armondo's on Northern Blv'd.  I just had dinner there last night and wanted to say how nice it is  to still have a place in Jackson Heights that is comfortable,  with excellent service in a clean (they have an "A" rating), intimate environment where the owner is present and engaging.  Most importantly, I thought the food was  perfectly prepared offering traditional Italian fare.  I love the fact that they still clean the crumbs off your table after you eat, a custom you may find in finer European eateries. 

I agree.  I really enjoy my meals there.

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2019, 07:21:55 PM »
I know this thread is old but with all the newer places opening,  I thought I'd revive a good thing. Had dinner here on Saturday night after being away from the place for awhile.  Such a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere and absolutely delicious food.  There were several specials being offered  but I was feeling down and dirty so I ordered a fried calamari ( best in the hood IMHO) and a veal marsala which was very nicely prepared.... not tough or overcooked.  Mojitos  were excellent as was the wine. Such a soothing environment (N0 blaring TV) and the service was attentive and unintrusive. One of the nicest places in JH.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2019, 09:43:31 PM »
that's good to hear. it's been ages since our last visit, and i need to go back. Jerry is a great host, and the place is a real gem.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2019, 09:43:31 PM »