Author Topic: Armondo's  (Read 15548 times)

Online toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
Re: Armondo's
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2014, 11:50:26 PM »
As reported in another thread and on the restaurant's website, longstanding Jackson Heights institution Armondo's will rise from the ashes of the Bruson Building and reopen in February at 73-16 Northern Blvd.

That space is currently occupied by Treiste, another long-running restaurant with its own following (as suggested here).   If Armondo's is smart, they'll adopt some of Trieste's specialties to supplement their own.

Online dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 11:58:50 PM »
that's really wonderful news.
trieste kind of gave up on having any unique specialties several years ago - they  used to have a goodly number of Istrian dishes, but they wiped those out when they renovated the room.
glad to see jerry is giving it a go. will be there as soon as they hit the ground running :)

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2014, 04:57:04 PM »
Posted on Facebook:

NEWS from Armondo's Italian Restaurant:

"Dear Friends and Patrons,

It is with great excitement and anticipation that we announce that we are buying Trieste Restaurant, which is located at:

73-16 Northern Blvd.
Jackson Heights, NY 11372

We will be taking over the restaurant on January 1 2015. It will be undergoing a quick renovation and will be open for business on February 1, 2015. This is the plan."

Offline ptbass75

• Mayor
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »
I'm happy they are ready to give it another go.  Best of luck to them!  Not super crazy however about the new location.  uncle peter's is a bit closer to me.

Offline Breezie

• Council Member
Armando returns!
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 06:59:07 AM »
http://www.armondositalianrestaurant.com/
It appears Armondos is returning-!

Offline divanatrix

• Council Member
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2014, 08:41:52 AM »
Kinda wish we were hearing this news about La Portena instead.  :-X

Offline Di_11372

• Activist
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2014, 10:15:17 AM »
Living in the low 70s on 34th ave, this is good news, especially with the winter approaching, as I will now have a nice restaurant just a few minutes walk away!!

Offline jrcrms

• Tourist
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2015, 11:22:12 PM »
I am so excited that Jerry Crisci and company are coming back home to JH into Trieste's space. How many times over these past months have I thought that what would make me really happy after a long day is to sit down to Armondo's Veal Milanese, pounded so thin with a beautiful breading crisped to golden perfection - little Marinara sauce on the side - and a glass of Chianti. Finish it off with the guys' excellent cappuccino and the biscotti from our JH neighbors' bakery, La Guli, in Astoria.

Welcome home Jerry - can't wait.

Offline taggie

• Council Member
Armondo's opening soon? new location on Northern bet. 73-74th Sts
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2015, 10:25:09 AM »
 Passed by the renovation and transformation of the long time Trieste Restaurant into Armondos,
the beloved restaurant formerly in the Bruson Building. Things look promising from the outside
and for starters you can finally see into the place and its a bright, modern, airy atmosphere.
 A worker said 2-3 weeks before they will open so Valentine's Day may be a possiblity?
 Wishing them well and thanking them in advance for staying in the neighborhood.

Offline Liz

• Council Member
Re: Armondo's opening soon? new location on Northern bet. 73-74th Sts
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »
Went by today - they are hoping to open in 2-3 weeks, but will not make Valentine's Day. :'(

Offline homeowner

• Council Member

Offline petster

• Council Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2015, 06:34:08 PM »
Thanks for posting this I've been wanting to stop by with some friends to show my support. Hope other people on this site will do the same.

Offline Minimal4me

• Council Member
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2015, 06:51:51 PM »
We moved in after the fire. I've heard such nice things about Armondo's. We will definitely pay a visit. And wish them good lipuck in the new location!

Offline BrianB

• Tourist
Welcome Back, Armondo's!
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 08:51:00 PM »
And you can remove the comma as well, for this is not just a post welcoming them back, but a post strongly suggesting that you go and welcome them back post haste.

Armonodo's has reopened on 73rd and Northern, and I had the pleasure of eating there tonight. So glad I did. I was seated at a nice, white-clothed table along the wall, giving me a prime view of the well-appointed bar and the patrons coming in and out. My shrimp oreganata appetizer was succulent and flavorful; the veal parmesan that followed was incredible. The cheese and sauce actually had to compete for attention with the meat - so well-prepared. Two nice glasses of Montepulciano, with a complimentary third making an appearance to seal the deal. And the canoli dessert was perfect - needless to say, the pristine white tablecloth was no longer pristine nor white by the end of the proceedings. All in all, it was a great dining experience with the food I grew up with only steps from my home. So happy they're back. And to sweeten the deal, these fine folks are offering 20% off on Mondays through Thursdays! So go get reacquainted. They're open and ready to satisfy the neighborhood craving I know I've had. Enjoy!

Brian

Offline daisy

• Council Member
Re: Welcome Back, Armondo's!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »
I noticed a brunch menu!  Exciting!  http://www.armondositalianrestaurant.com/

Jackson Heights Life

Re: Welcome Back, Armondo's!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 09:07:42 PM »