Author Topic: Amazon Prime Boxes left in lobbies/wrong addresses  (Read 7899 times)

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
Re: Amazon Prime Boxes left in lobbies/wrong addresses
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 07:32:58 AM »
I don't know what is going on with the local PO's but I know I have called numerous times and they do NOT care.

One of the workers there told me not to bother trying to call them because they rarely pick up the phone. Her reason was "they don't have enough staff due to ongoing budget cuts so they aren't going to put themselves out trying to do everything".  She's probably right, but it's so frustrating. 

It's ridiculous that Congress won't let them privatize (which is why the postal service is so much better in much of europe) yet won't give them the funding they need.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 09:12:40 PM »
i actually had a rather large amazon prime package delivered by DHL today. no issues, just noting they're really all over the place in terms of carriers.

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 10:26:57 PM »

It's ridiculous that Congress won't let them privatize (which is why the postal service is so much better in much of europe) yet won't give them the funding they need.

The postal service in the UK was spectacular, profit making AND for many years entirely government funded and state owned (1969-2013); the gold standard for both worker protection and good service. So there's one counterexample. 

Offline cal932

• Tourist
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
I've had several packages not delivered. The post office employees are a bunch of nincompoops. The most you get from them is oh just contact the company you ordered from and have them send you a new one. Problem was the package was from my mother! I went to the JH post office once or twice a week for an entire month trying to get answers. I was told give me your information and we'll give it to the manager to look (never heard back) or no you can't speak to the manager. When I finally got the manager, he took my information and said he just needs to look it up and see where my package was delivered and he'd call me(he NEVER did). During all this, my mom was fighting things on her side and trying to get a hold of anyone to help. A month after the miss delivery, I finally got the lady manager at JH and she actually listened to me, took my information and looked up where the package was delivered on the spot. Unfortunately for me, it took a month to get to that and by that time my package was no longer at the other building where it was delivered. The post office should have been able to look up where my package was delivered that first day I asked (there is tracking on all packages...they can just look up their GPS).

Moral of the story...most of the people working at our post office are a bunch of idiots with NO desire to help. And if your package is missing contact Triboro Postmaster General/Consumer Affairs.

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2016, 09:43:29 AM »
I had such a strange experience with UPS last week!  The delivery person actually put one of those "you weren't here" slips on the main building door with nothing written on it except an apartment number  - and it wasn't even the correct apartment number!  He didn't even check one of the boxes with options or have my name or address written anywhere on the slip.

When I called, they told me they would have the driver call me. He did, and the guy told me I had to go that night to pick it up in Maspeth or he would void the delivery (for a first delivery attempt - wtf?).  I actually cursed at him and hung up the phone and called UPS directly and made them ship it to my office instead.  It was just so weird.

Offline jackinjh

• Activist
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 02:42:15 PM »
Yeah, UPS also just drop the package at Stop and Carry, which is also a nightmare to deal with.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2018, 11:39:20 PM »
So frustrated again with this Amazon-USPS partnership. I was supposed to get an Amazon delivery today since I have prime and I ordered two days ago. It never arrived. I was home all day and also no slip was left, yet the email from Amazon claims that "Sorry we missed you. We tried, but we weren't able to deliver your package today. You can reschedule the delivery by visiting USPS Redelivery or you can pick up your package from the post office listed on the notice of attempted delivery."

The thing is when I click that link it leads me into some long form I have to fill out, which I'm not willing to do. Why should I waste my time when they are lying about a delivery attempt? I am also certainly not ever going to go to the post office to retrieve a package, especially when there's no slip of paper for the imaginary attempted delivery. I just think if they can't get their act together, the items will be shipped back to Amazon and Amazon will have to pay for transportation both ways (which I'm sure they really don't care about) but at least I will get a tiny bit of satisfaction.

Rant over  :)

Offline jh35

• Council Member
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 09:48:40 AM »
So frustrated again with this Amazon-USPS partnership. I was supposed to get an Amazon delivery today since I have prime and I ordered two days ago. It never arrived. I was home all day and also no slip was left, yet the email from Amazon claims that "Sorry we missed you. We tried, but we weren't able to deliver your package today. You can reschedule the delivery by visiting USPS Redelivery or you can pick up your package from the post office listed on the notice of attempted delivery."

The thing is when I click that link it leads me into some long form I have to fill out, which I'm not willing to do. Why should I waste my time when they are lying about a delivery attempt? I am also certainly not ever going to go to the post office to retrieve a package, especially when there's no slip of paper for the imaginary attempted delivery. I just think if they can't get their act together, the items will be shipped back to Amazon and Amazon will have to pay for transportation both ways (which I'm sure they really don't care about) but at least I will get a tiny bit of satisfaction.

Rant over  :)

This happens to me all the time.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 10:07:15 AM »
I read a newspaper article recently that said an investigation would be underway into USPS as a result of many, many complaints.

My building's mail delivery is regularly misdelivered. I have a relatively new postman, and I have seen him doing his job, or I should say barely attending to his job. His attention is to his phone. 

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 10:41:53 AM »
I read a newspaper article recently that said an investigation would be underway into USPS as a result of many, many complaints.

My building's mail delivery is regularly misdelivered. I have a relatively new postman, and I have seen him doing his job, or I should say barely attending to his job. His attention is to his phone.

There's one USPS employee who comes to our building and keeps music playing out loud on her phone while she rocks to the beat and goes through our hallways. I'm sure everyone who is at home at the time can hear her music through their doors. It's almost like the old days when people carried their boom boxes on the subway and made everyone listen to their noise.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 12:34:48 PM »
There's one USPS employee who comes to our building and keeps music playing out loud on her phone while she rocks to the beat and goes through our hallways. I'm sure everyone who is at home at the time can hear her music through their doors. It's almost like the old days when people carried their boom boxes on the subway and made everyone listen to their noise.

I complained to my former postperson, and she told me to give him more time... a chance to get it right, in other words. Obviously, I need to speak to whoever is supposed to be supervising him. (I thought it was her at the time.) The manager of the JHPO is more interested in closing on time and his vibe is one of disinterest.

I believe the article said it would be a congressional investigation. 

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2018, 12:36:36 PM »

..at least you know when the mail arrives! :)

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2018, 12:52:50 PM »

..at least you know when the mail arrives! :)

;)

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 09:59:55 AM »

I think a few online news sites may have covered the story about the many complaints aimed at the USPS.  Here's one from QNS.com:

Local members of Congress call on the Postal Service to address mail delivery issues in Queens

Offline earbears

• Mayor
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 11:33:13 PM »
They left Amazon deliveries in the lobby again today -Monday

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 11:33:13 PM »