Author Topic: JAC Towers - 72nd at 35th  (Read 16171 times)

Offline eddiestjohns

• Council Member
Re: JAC Towers - 72nd at 35th
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 10:13:22 PM »
hey eddie, is it time for another Jackson Heights Life get together at Legends?
[/quote

Why not.  September is a great month for it.  But we should open it up to everyone not just the 40+ group.  We seem to have more people on this board now with  great age diversity.  It can be Legends but it doesn't have to be.

Offline buddy

• Mayor
    • work
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 10:29:38 PM »
okay.  I should be back next week.  Mid-Sept. I'm back to work so won't be able to do it during the week.
First, do no harm.

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 07:33:55 PM »
MarcusW, how would someone go about buying into the building? How did you find it? What percent is your down-payment?

I'm in for the September get-together. If I can figure it out, I will start a new thread.

Marcus, even if you're not moved in yet, come join.

Offline MarcusW

• Council Member
  • Living here and loving it!
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »
MarcusW, how would someone go about buying into the building? How did you find it? What percent is your down-payment?

I'm in for the September get-together. If I can figure it out, I will start a new thread.

Marcus, even if you're not moved in yet, come join.

As for other listings in the building, I don't know. I can ask the seller of the apartment we're buying. We'd originally started looking up in Washington Heights (we work on 54th and 9th in Manhattan) but didn't like what our money bought us up there. A friend who grew up in Linden Court (and still lives there) suggested we look out in JH, and we fell in love.

We've actually been looking hard all summer, working with our broker - he spotted this listing in the MLS services, and even though he couldn't attend, we went to the first open house, and made our broker go back the next business day. As soon as we walked in, the place just felt 'right' (and huge - and nicely renovated). We're putting 20% down - I don't know if this building will accept a lower amount - we didn't ask.

We'd made offers on other units in the neighborhood  - just about every building that allows bigger dogs - we saw. And we've often lost out to all-cash offers or dropped out over the asking price. (And one place we were informed that we didn't make enough - they had a maximum of 25% mortgage+maintenance to income ratio - and for us that building would have been 27%)  We made our first offer in early May, and are just so happy to have gotten this far. 

We'd love to do a September get-together - I'll keep an eye out for the date!

Thanks for the welcome messages, all!

Best,

- Marcus

- MW

Offline joeychenz

• Tourist
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2008, 05:22:57 PM »
I have a 2 bedroom for sale on the first floor of Jac Tower.

If anybody is interested or if you know anyone is looking for a home in Jac Tower

Please let me know , my email is joeychenz@gmail.com

Thank You

Offline MarcusW

• Council Member
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 05:18:11 PM »
Hooray!

After what's seemed like an eternity, we're finally scheduled to close on our place in Jac Towers this Friday - nearly 5 months to the day after we went into contract! We've been month-to-month at our rental in Manhattan, so we're hoping it all works out and we'll be moved before Feb 1!

If you see us on the street (probably walking our very friendly 2-year-old pup, Ava) say hello!

- Marcus
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 05:26:25 PM by MarcusW »
- MW

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2009, 11:18:22 PM »
Hooray!

After what's seemed like an eternity, we're finally scheduled to close on our place in Jac Towers this Friday - nearly 5 months to the day after we went into contract! We've been month-to-month at our rental in Manhattan, so we're hoping it all works out and we'll be moved before Feb 1!

- Marcus

Congratulations! Best of luck with the move.

Online toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2009, 07:14:30 AM »
Egads, that's a long road!  Congratulations on finally making it to your new home and neighborhood.  As always, let us know if there's anything you need... and please share if you make any interesting new discoveries!

Offline MarcusW

• Council Member
Closed today! We now live in JH!
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 05:21:06 PM »
Yay! Closing was easy and quick! We're picking paint chips tonight, and start painting in the morning! (We're gonna move before Feb 1, so we don't have to pay another month's rent!)
- MW

Offline MarcusW

• Council Member
Re: JAC Towers - 72nd at 35th - Before & After
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »
Well, I can't figure out how to embed the video here, but here's a quick taste of our work on the apartment....we're set to move in on Friday (we stalled a week, because we wanted to finish scraping/painting/etc before we moved)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/marcuswoollen/3253680497/

See you all soon (when I'll be back online after tonigh, I don't yet know!)
- Marcus

(and if anyone else can figure out how to embed video, let me know!)
- MW

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2009, 11:25:28 AM »
Congratulations on your new home, and nice work on the room - I love the color you chose for the wall. 

I live across the street, so I'll keep an eye out for your cute pup. 

Offline elyaqim

• Activist
    • My ’blog
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
Well, I can't figure out how to embed the video here, but here's a quick taste of our work on the apartment....we're set to move in on Friday (we stalled a week, because we wanted to finish scraping/painting/etc before we moved)

- Marcus

Ooh, an Oriental rug and an archway. You’re off to a sensational start. The code flickr provides you by clicking where it says “Embed” is perfectly fine under normal circumstances, but this bulletin board is not set to allow the necessary h.t.m.l. tags to embed the video. Linking to it is just as good.
Elyaqim Mosheh Adam (a.k.a. “Mark”)
Seventy-second Street
Blogger | Google+ | Facebook | Twitter

Offline rachel

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 10:48:15 PM »
This looks great! I like the colors you chose and the floors look really nice without that awful carpet.  I wish more people would post before and after pictures of their homes. 

- Marcus

Offline liam0925

• Council Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 11:14:38 PM »
Welcome to the hood!  Bienvenidos!  I'm around the corner on 73rd and hope to run into you while walking my dog--a min-pin.  If you need any info on the where and what of the neighborhood drop an e-mail, i'll be happy to play welcome wagon!

Offline Ed

• Mayor
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »
I wish more people would post before and after pictures of their homes.

OK, but I apologize for the bad pics in advance. The BEFORE stuff was the week we moved in...

Living room towards window before

After

LR towards door before

After

Bedroom before

After

Bedroom towards window, after

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2009, 02:37:52 PM »