Author Topic: Mattresses, Carpets and bears oh my  (Read 1293 times)

Offline JH1980

• Tourist
Mattresses, Carpets and bears oh my
« on: November 24, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »
Never mind the bear part  ;D  Can anyone recommend a reputable mattress company.  I used 1-800-Mattress years ago but they are no longer around.  I need to carpet part of the new apartment, any recommendations?  Thank you JH neighbors!!

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Mattresses, Carpets and bears oh my
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 08:37:06 PM »
i honestly think you're best off with Macy's. good combination of reliability and good price. failing that,a strong, strong push away from sleepy's. bait and switch (and fines for illegally selling 'refurbished' mattresses in some locations).

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 09:44:36 AM »
I need to replace my mattress and was thinking of trying Raymour & Flanigan. I completely forgot about Macys.  Just checked out their website and they are having good sales on them right now. 

Offline hfm

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »
We just bought a new mattress recently. It's got to be one of the most confusing and shady things to buy retail.

We ended up liking a Serta we slept at a few times in hotels so we ended up getting it from them directly (as this mattress is not available retail, Serta Perfect Sleeper Dolce) without the retail stress and salesman fuss. Mattresses will have different names etc at different stores just to make it difficult to comparison shop.

This might help: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/garden/how-to-find-the-best-mattress-in-the-maze-of-choices.html

Offline temujin

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2014, 12:11:30 AM »
Yeah, I have to agree sleep's is bad. We recently bough a tempurpedic mattress from them. Upon arrival there were few dirty spot on the mattress, we end up just spot clean them. But yeah the one we try in showroom seem a lot more firm and comfortable.

Offline mchafkin

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 07:24:50 AM »
Ikea! They're mattresses are fairly priced, comfortable, and there's no bullshit with salesmen/complicated pricing. They deliver same day, plus the price is the price. They have a 90 day money back guarantee and a 10 year warantee

Offline homeowner

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 08:26:02 PM »
LOL The Times just ran an article on shopping for a mattress.  Not something I ever hope to do again…love my Tempurpedic

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/09/garden/how-to-find-the-best-mattress-in-the-maze-of-choices.html?module=Search&mabReward=relbias%3Ar%2C%7B%221%22%3A%22RI%3A8%22%7D

Offline Minimal4me

• Council Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »
We just bought from Raymore & Flanagan on Northern. I can't buy a mattress online. I need to try them out first. R&M has a good selection, competitive prices with MacyBed and Sleepys. And delivery was free. I'd buy from them again.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 11:11:16 PM »