Author Topic: Coming Soon: Oceanic Boil  (Read 19084 times)

Offline ptbass75

• Mayor
Re: Coming Soon: Oceanic Boil
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2015, 11:09:47 PM »
I'm with you LJR, this one's feeling like a bust to me. Our head waitress Maggie has not actively posted since April, and has only had two posts made.

Maybe our community board friends might actually know if this business has in fact recieved their liquor license.  And, if so, maybe Stew might want to talk with them in how they did it.

Offline itsit

• Mayor
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2015, 07:07:26 AM »
 Maybe Redge* was on to something here with the improprieties and hurdles necessary to open a restaurant in JH. It would
seem like we had 3-4 interesting sounding new eateries in the pipelines but they have yet to debut. Why?

*language was over the top in some postings though

Online dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2015, 04:05:30 PM »
to be fair, only Oceanic Boil sounds like an outright bust.

Dudley laid out a time frame for the Queensboro that reflected the need to build a restaurant from scratch in a total empty space, and his target opening is still a ways off.

Stew and company floated a fall opening, and it's hard to tell how close they'll be to that, what with the recent stop work order (which i presume has been addressed).

restaurants take time. approvals from CBs take time everywhere, as glances at restaurant industry or local websites reflect. there will be chow, at some point :)

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2015, 08:53:12 PM »
It sounds like a bust bc they haven't been responsive on Jackson Heights Life message boards?

It's funny how some restaurants just appear out of nowhere and others take forever to open.

Online dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2015, 09:17:54 PM »
it looks like a bust from the apparent lack of progress from the outside (haven't been privy to a look at the interior).

Offline ljr

• Mayor
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2015, 09:18:50 PM »
No, not because they are not talking on this message board, but because there is apparently no construction/renovation going on and no sign of anything happening for a very long time after the place was announced to be on its way. I don't even know where Oceanic Boil is supposed to be located, but someone said their sign had come down awhile ago. As for Dudley, doesn't his website say "Coming in mid-2015"? How is that "a ways off"? Unless I am not remembering correctly and it says mid-2016? It just really does seem to be extremely difficult to pull this off. Judging by the fact that nothing is happening in terms of renovation at Dudley's storefront, and it's said to be because of how long it takes to get permits, how in fact does anyone do this? It would seem as if you have to pay rent for a year or so before you can even renovate.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2015, 07:03:54 PM »
The space to the right of Saw Shack looks like  construction is moving along as some kind of restaurant. Isn't this the space  Oceanic Boil was supposed to occupy? Maybe it's coming after  all. Or I guess it could be some other new restaurant

Offline lvvs3

• Tourist
« Reply #37 on: December 31, 2015, 06:28:37 PM »
Hey guy thank for the support the nys won't give us the liquor license on some minor issues but everything is set and will be open soon please standby

HEAD WAITER MAGGIE** OCEANIC BOIL

Offline hfm

• Mayor
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
Hey guy thank for the support the nys won't give us the liquor license on some minor issues but everything is set and will be open soon please standby

HEAD WAITER MAGGIE** OCEANIC BOIL

Can you perhaps share some detailed info on your liquor license issues? Seems some are having some troubles getting them lately.

Offline lvvs3

• Tourist
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2015, 10:20:52 PM »
When we did the interior as of the pictures placement of tables and chairs 17 tables and 32 chairs .since we had more space we added in more seats that changes.  So now we ha e to we do the drawing of it (nothing major ) it fixed just waiting on the certificate WE ARE ALMOST THERE :) soon GRAND OPENING OF OCEANIC BOIL please Standby  thank for all the support

HEAD WAITER MAGGIE

Offline ljr

• Mayor
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2016, 02:58:29 PM »
It's apparently real! I was convinced the whole thing was a hoax, but I just saw them working on their renovations, and they've put a sign in the window. It's right next door to Saw Shack. I'll be interested to see what it turns out to be.

Offline Minimal4me

• Council Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2016, 05:43:26 PM »
Thanks for the update. I'm excited for this place to open!

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002

Offline Breezie

• Council Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2016, 10:42:59 PM »
Thanks for sharing the photographic evidence!
The backs of the seats are an interesting choice-look like scooters!
I'm looking forward to their opening.

Offline francis

• Mayor
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 04:59:07 PM »
Now this place sounds different and fun. Hope it does a good job in terms of the external renovations and give a facelift to an otherwise dreary block. The food sounds delicious, but that's a " to be determined"

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2016, 04:59:07 PM »