Author Topic: Running routes in Jackson Heights  (Read 12881 times)

Offline Tom Lowenhaupt

  • Citizen
  • ****
  • Posts: 70
Re: Running routes in Jackson Heights
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2010, 04:42:05 PM »
Somewhere between 11 AM and dusk I do 95% of my running. 95% of the remaining 5% is after dusk. I'm saving the morning's for when I'm paid a fee. :D

The ever hopeful,

Tom

Offline John Prester

  • Activist
  • *****
  • Posts: 189
  • El Juan Preste - Emperador De Los Absinios
Re: Running routes in Jackson Heights
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »
With all the runners that seem to live in or around here, is there a running specialty shops in Jackson Heights or nearby? Footlocker and Athletes Foot does not count as running specialty stores.

Best stores in NYC for running gear:

Super Runners Shop

http://www.superrunnersshop.com/Locations-6.html

I've been going here for the past 14 years.  They even let you try out sneakers before purchasing, run around the block, no problem.  Closest store to JH is the Grand Central one.

Some people like this place:

http://jackrabbitsports.com/

But you're absolutely right, if you're serious about running, don't waste your time with Foot Locker, they cater to teenagers who are more interested in impressing their friends with their expensive sneakers.  Sports are an after thought with them!

Also, join the NY Road Runners Club.  It's worth it for the discounted rate on races, and your membership card gets you discounts at Super Runners Shop:

http://www.nyrr.org/about/membership/benefits/2010/runningstores.asp
Disco Dandy and Flâneur Extraordinaire

Jackson Heights Life

Re: Running routes in Jackson Heights
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2010, 07:53:30 PM »