Author Topic: To save time in voting  (Read 897 times)

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
To save time in voting
« on: November 06, 2018, 11:46:10 AM »
Remember to check your election/assembly district number first. That way you will not have to stand in an initial line while they look it up for you.

Here is the site to check:

https://nyc.pollsitelocator.com/search

Offline queenskid2

• Activist
Re: To save time in voting
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 03:02:12 PM »
Voted at the Renaissance School around noon.  Once I got my ballot, there was a long line for the standing desks where you fill out the ballot (there were not enough for even a moderate turnout).  Then there was a long line for the scanners, especially after two of the four broke down.  I heard later that the problem may be caused by people holding their ballot next to wet clothing.  Whatever the problem was, you get the feeling that the people working there can't handle a scanner breakdown.

The Board of Elections in this city is like OTB: a dumping down for the politically connected.  We need a ballot initiative to get rid of the BOE and replace it with an organization capable of handling an election.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 03:09:42 PM »
i cannot imagine why NYS is so deep in the dark ages that early voting is impossible.

Offline am315

• Activist
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 03:23:30 PM »
Yes, the news media are reporting that wet ballots are affecting scanners.

I went to the Renaissance School very early this morning and one of the scannerrs was on the blink but a repair guy was on the scene and managed to get it up and running.

Yes, we need a better Board of Elections. But personally I wish the PTA at the school would have an election bake sale every election. Would be a great fundraising opportunity -- and a chance to snack while waiting to vote!

Offline jeanette

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 05:18:08 PM »
The Board of Elections in this city is like OTB: a dumping down for the politically connected.

correctamundo

Offline francis

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 06:55:21 PM »
All the scanners were down at my polling site so the line was rather long.

Offline JHMNY

• Global Moderator
  • Council Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »
A few of the scanners were malfunctioning at my polling place this morning. One of the volunteers was suggesting that the perforated edges on the ballots may be the problem. I inserted the opposite end of the ballot first, but the scanner kept rejecting it. It eventually went through after several attempts.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2018, 07:07:33 PM »