Poll

Can anyone living in Jackson heights respond to this question: The president recently endorsed a bill that would cut by almost half the number of legal immigrants entering the US. We're asking many people in the NY area what they think of this. What's you

Can anyone living in Jackson heights respond to this question: The president recently endorsed a bill that would cut by almost half the number of legal immigrants entering the US. We're asking many people in the NY area what they think of this. What's you
0 (0%)
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: August 21, 2017, 01:56:22 PM

Author Topic: immigration and trump  (Read 2052 times)

Offline Rahim

• Tourist
immigration and trump
« on: August 11, 2017, 01:56:22 PM »
leave comments

Offline hfm

• Council Member
Re: immigration and trump
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 10:57:52 AM »
The poll seems to not be displaying properly.

Offline JH3525

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2017, 11:57:58 AM »
I strongly support President Trump position on immigration.  Our country can no longer support immigrants coming to this country for sole purpose of seeking free food, free medical assistance and free education for their children and not paying taxes.   Immigrants entering this country must speak English and be educated and be able to support themselves and their family and pay taxes.  Again, I strongly support our President.  Make America Great Again.  God Bless our President.

Offline Gordan

• Resident
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 12:52:59 PM »
Vehemently DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!

Curious why you think we can no longer support this in this country. If you are at all familiar with the citizenship test, English proficiency is already a requirement. And you have to be a citizen to be eligible for any social benefits.

Maybe if we stopped giving out so much corporate welfare and taxed people with higher earnings, we could support all citizens. Instead of using this bogus scapegoat to say "those people are the reason".

This plan would crush our economy and when you combine that with their tax plan that depends on 3% growth to break even, you have two ideas that are totally out of sync and would have devastating economic effectS.

Try to pull yourself away from hanity and read some actual studies about the subject.

Offline jh35

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 02:21:53 PM »
I strongly support President Trump position on immigration.  Our country can no longer support immigrants coming to this country for sole purpose of seeking free food, free medical assistance and free education for their children and not paying taxes.   Immigrants entering this country must speak English and be educated and be able to support themselves and their family and pay taxes.  Again, I strongly support our President.  Make America Great Again.  God Bless our President.

We see enough about Trump all day long. Can't there be one place where this is not the subject?

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 03:09:56 PM »
nope.

when a dog makes a mess, you rub their nose in it. same goes for those who voted for Orange Foolius.

We see enough about Trump all day long. Can't there be one place where this is not the subject?

Offline hfm

• Council Member
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 03:48:51 PM »

Not all immigrants are just looking for a free ride. We also have plenty of "native" Americans that are lazy, just coasting along soaking up privilege while contributing near nothing to society. Bad apples come from all walks of life, all corners of the world. Whether they were born here or not. But so do awesome people. Having diversity of thought and experience is only going to make this country, and the rest of the world, stronger.

Trump and his cohorts are extremely dangerous and detrimental to the safety and progress of this country. I hope we end up on the other end of this regime in one piece.

Full disclosure: I was born here, the typical privileged white guy, grew up in deep red redneck country.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 05:52:52 PM »
and, as far as full disclosure, grew up lower-class blue collar and urban. union leftist democrat family, and that stayed with me.

Online abcdefghijk

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 10:54:20 AM »
Thankfully we live in a democracy is what I think.

I believe Democrats would overturn this new immigration position.

The trick for Democrats is now to choose someone who can win the electoral college vote in the next election.

Offline JH3525

• Activist
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 12:34:27 PM »
Fortunately, Democrats control nothing.  Republicans have control of the White House, the US Senate, the US Congress and thank God the Supreme Court.  God Bless our County, Our President and the Republican Party. 

Offline Gordan

• Resident
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2017, 12:43:14 PM »
Yeah, and they've done so much with all that power that you brag about. They ran four elections on re-pealing the healthcare bill and failed.

When you are in your 80's and looking for a job because they stripped away your social security and can't find one, I hope "God" helps you.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2017, 04:25:33 PM »
The far right Westboro Baptist Church marches under the banner "God Hates America." The election of Orange Foolius makes me think they are right. Guessing you're on their mailing list, so, thoughts?

Fortunately, Democrats control nothing.  Republicans have control of the White House, the US Senate, the US Congress and thank God the Supreme Court.  God Bless our County, Our President and the Republican Party.

Online abcdefghijk

• Council Member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 10:48:19 PM »
Wow.  We live in such an immigrant neighborhood here in Jackson Heights. One of the most immigrant neighborhoods in NYC. Simply walking down our streets must drive a person with these sentiments completely crazy.  And make that person constantly furious. And crankily unhappy.

Offline jh35

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 06:06:36 AM »

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/14/opinion/when-the-president-is-un-american.html?ref=opinion&_r=0

Read the above article in the NYTimes. It expresses the views of why JH3525 is a dangerous fool.

Offline jh35

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 07:19:08 AM »

A couple of years ago I broke up a fight on the corner of 76th Street and 37th avenue. A local (born) man was beating up a small arab man (in a white outfit). I stopped it because it was wrong.

When your rhetoric turns to violence, it is wrong. When will you stop?

When you incite people and wash your hands of it, it is wrong.

When you elect (a brutish, ignorant, disgusting low life pig) who incites violence, it is wrong.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 07:19:08 AM »