Author Topic: Middle Eastern food nearby?  (Read 959 times)

Offline petegart

• Activist
Middle Eastern food nearby?
« on: June 16, 2017, 06:05:42 PM »
Neighbors, where can I purchase (not sure of spelling) babaganouh, hummus, tabouli, etc? 
In the past I went to Astoria, but I was hoping to find someplace closer. 

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Middle Eastern food nearby?
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 06:12:03 PM »
you can get restaurant portions at Plaka in the shopping center near cannelle, but as far as a deli/store selling the stuff, i think Astoria is the only real option near here.

Offline NYC Peromyscus

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
Neighbors, where can I purchase (not sure of spelling) babaganouh, hummus, tabouli, etc? 
In the past I went to Astoria, but I was hoping to find someplace closer.

Mangal Kebab in Sunnyside is a Turkish restaurant that has some of these things (e.g. babaganoush). Their bread and kababs are also awesome, and they even deliver (at least to western JH).

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 08:56:13 PM »
they do? deliver, i mean? ooh! gotta call and ask!

Offline toddg

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 10:18:44 PM »
Other good options near Mangal Kabob in Sunnyside are Souk El Shater and Turkish Grill.

But here in JH, Juju's Bagel Cafe on 76th Street serves delicious Middle Eastern food for lunch.   They'll be expanding their menu and adding dinner hours in several weeks.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 10:25:34 PM by toddg »

Offline petegart

• Activist
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »
Thanks. I did go to Souk El Shater in Sunnyside (4303 Queens blvd) and it is Fantastic!  The food was delicious, and the person doing the serving was great.  I love having a meal of hummus, babaganoush and tabouli on a hot day -and they were all excellent.
I also stopped by Juju's because it is so close, but he said he may have the babaganough on the weekends, and he expects to be open for dinner after July 4th.  I did see the menu and I'm in!  So I have not tried the food there yet. 

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2017, 04:53:30 PM »