Author Topic: AOC 'one of the least effective members of Congress,' study says  (Read 1272 times)

Offline ShinjukuBaby

• Council Member
Re: AOC 'one of the least effective members of Congress,' study says
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 06:17:13 AM »
If you ever read The Daily Mail, you would know it's one of the low-rent tabloids that seem to thrive in Britain. Big on celebrity gossip and trashing Megan and Harry. Absolutely not a reliable source of information on American politicians.

This.  The Daily Mail is trash. 

Offline ChickenringNYC

• Tourist
  • Lived here since: 2021
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2021, 11:06:25 AM »
I think the "ineffective" moniker is just spin. The cited study from the Center for Effective Lawmaking simply lists effective politicians based on a set of criteria that they very clearly lay out. The report never mentions AOC nor calls her ineffective. It simply shows that according to their criteria she comes at near the bottom of their list of effective lawmakers, i.e. those who author and pass legislation. I vote for her because I used to live in Sunnyside and she is a "real person" but that doesn't mean she isn't "really annoying" when she gets her taste of celebrity.

Offline Chingwa

• Council Member
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2021, 08:49:28 PM »
She has the entire GOP quaking in their boots
The only quaking going on is from laughter.  She isn't even taken seriously by most of her own party.  She's a narcissistic grifter, playing to the cameras and attention.  I don't understand how anyone can be blind to such pod-person-like shallowness of character, yet some people just lap it up.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:59:58 PM by Chingwa »

Offline lalochezia

• Mayor
« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 06:24:11 AM »
Hey chingwa: this you?

The tragedy is that if the Democrats could actually have some backbone...
This is exactly the problem.  But when have democrats ever had backbone?  Not in the last 25 years... anyone with backbone gets marginalized or run out of the party.  How long are people willing to wait for Democrats to come around?  If they aren't going to turn around after this latest loss, they aren't ever going to and I don't see any moves in that direction.

I see a lot of noise being made by democrats and progressives, but not anything from the Democratic party "leadership"... all these people are going to have to look/go elsewhere if they want to enact change.  This party was bought and sold a long time ago.

What happened to  the person who was for "backbone" "non-bought politicians" who want "change". Oh right, its her tone and pod personality.

PS; Where's the grift?

Offline Chingwa

• Council Member
« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 10:10:15 PM »
The only difference between 2017 and now is that this country is now worse off.  I don't see any backbone anywhere.  You're not going to convince me that a narcissistic communist has good ideas or intentions for the future of this country.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 10:10:15 PM »