Author Topic: Washington Plaza  (Read 80597 times)

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
Re: Washington Plaza
« Reply #690 on: January 10, 2018, 12:13:56 PM »
BEB, I have an irrational dislike of swag lights. The photo I attached before is almost a year old - I have since furnished the room. Here's a more recent photo - the weird marks on the wall are shadows from the ceiling light.

Offline Joyce45

• Tourist
« Reply #691 on: January 10, 2018, 08:11:05 PM »
Cool. You can't even tell its curved anymore.

Offline BEB

• Citizen
« Reply #692 on: January 11, 2018, 07:34:15 AM »
Looks great Lilybell! And I hear you about the swag. I love the projected texture on the wall. Agree you can't see the curve.

Offline MrPlaza

• Activist
« Reply #693 on: January 11, 2018, 03:22:31 PM »
Phew. Been a busy last few days! That curved wall is perfect for a round table. The seating would probably have to be custom, though :-\

And Lilybell already pointed out that while there are other combo units, we're in the only 4-bedroom. There MIGHT be another one in the future. But I don't know. I know the sponsor has her eye on combining two apartments in Building B. Sixth floor I believe. But not sure if she's started on that yet.

Although we have years of fine-tuning ahead of us, we're just about finished with rounding out our furniture. Would folks be interested in having a little gathering at our place sometime?

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #694 on: January 12, 2018, 12:51:39 PM »
Hey Mr P! 

One of the apartments used to make your 4-bedroom is the same floorplan as mine - I guess the curved wall disappeared during the renovation/apartment combining.

I think a get-together sounds like fun. I'm embarrassed to admit I'm still in the process of buying furniture even though I've been in the apartment for a year now. I had to return all of the custom furniture I bought (which was 4 months late!) and start over (shoddy sewing on the cushions). I still need to paint a few rooms but I want to wait until I have all of my furniture so I pick the right colors. And then I can finally hang up my artwork.  I get paralyzed by indecision (especially when choosing paint colors). But I'm going credenza shopping after work today and just bought a chair from Room and Board so I'm slowly getting there!

I'm not sure if you've seen this - it was posted really early in the life of this thread. It's floorplans for the complex from way before the renovations. I love staring at the layouts of all of the apartments!

http://www.columbia.edu/cgi-bin/dlo?obj=ldpd_YR_0914_QNS_001_003&size=large

Offline jo3boxer

• Tourist
« Reply #695 on: January 17, 2018, 12:48:45 PM »

And Lilybell already pointed out that while there are other combo units, we're in the only 4-bedroom.

hey i heard you have the only 4-bedroom, any truth to that?

Offline MrPlaza

• Activist
« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »

And Lilybell already pointed out that while there are other combo units, we're in the only 4-bedroom.

hey i heard you have the only 4-bedroom, any truth to that?
Thought that was clear in your quoting of me  ;)

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #696 on: January 17, 2018, 07:30:33 PM »