Author Topic: Washington Plaza  (Read 40998 times)

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
Re: Washington Plaza
« Reply #525 on: May 17, 2017, 03:50:04 PM »
Town hall meeting is next Wed at 8 in the laundry room. Do you guys know the doorman's schedule? Seems everytime I try to get something they aren't there. Also the door to door package deliveryservice has been hit or miss

Offline MrPlaza

• Citizen
« Reply #526 on: May 17, 2017, 07:58:38 PM »
It's great to have you back Lilybell! I can't believe your punch list still isn't done! I'll be surprised if the carpeting isn't the reflective of the final product. Why put it down in the first place then? Finally, I'm excited to see the photos! They said they would finish in June. Despite this, however, given what I saw a few weeks ago, I'm also expecting a three month delay to September (putting me at an October move).

Offline jh35

• Citizen
« Reply #527 on: May 18, 2017, 03:39:15 AM »
Yea I mean relative to the old hallways the new hall is an improvement. They did it the easy way though. Just a paint job and put carpet over the old floors. I can see the carpet getting dirty really quickly.

Did you notice the crown molding sample in picture hall-1 ?

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #528 on: May 18, 2017, 09:47:56 AM »
Do you guys know the doorman's schedule? Seems everytime I try to get something they aren't there. Also the door to door package deliveryservice has been hit or miss

Hi, I don't know their set hours but they are responsible for cleaning up the grounds and lobbies so it can be difficult to find them.  I usually have good luck at around 6pm because they know people are coming home from work and want to pick up their packages.

I don't know if this has changed, but they aren't required to deliver packages door to door - some of them do it in the hopes of getting tips but others don't do it at all.  Carlos and Jose tend to deliver them.  Luis retired last week and there's a new guy who just started so I don't know what he'll do.

I hope they will create set hours where someone will be sitting in the guard booth - like from 5-7 every evening.

Offline N00b

• Resident
« Reply #529 on: May 19, 2017, 02:03:02 PM »
I'm closing next month and got the moving instructions.

Do we have to hire a professional moving company? The instructions provide that you need to provide a certificate of insurance from the mover to the building to schedule your move.

How strict is that? Also how strict is the carpeting requirement?

Offline MrPlaza

• Citizen
« Reply #530 on: May 19, 2017, 03:07:42 PM »
I'm closing next month and got the moving instructions.

Do we have to hire a professional moving company? The instructions provide that you need to provide a certificate of insurance from the mover to the building to schedule your move.

How strict is that? Also how strict is the carpeting requirement?
Congratulations! I haven't moved in, but I would imagine the certificate of insurance is pretty much non-negotiable. Just about every building strictly requires one for movers.

Offline Simka

• Activist
« Reply #531 on: May 20, 2017, 10:03:48 PM »
Do you guys know the doorman's schedule? Seems everytime I try to get something they aren't there. Also the door to door package deliveryservice has been hit or miss

Hi, I don't know their set hours but they are responsible for cleaning up the grounds and lobbies so it can be difficult to find them.  I usually have good luck at around 6pm because they know people are coming home from work and want to pick up their packages.

I don't know if this has changed, but they aren't required to deliver packages door to door - some of them do it in the hopes of getting tips but others don't do it at all.  Carlos and Jose tend to deliver them.  Luis retired last week and there's a new guy who just started so I don't know what he'll do.

I hope they will create set hours where someone will be sitting in the guard booth - like from 5-7 every evening.

Hey Lilybell—good to see you! Remember how I laughed at the real estate rendering showing a smiling doorman sitting in the guardhouse?  ;D  I doubt anyone will be manning it during regular hours anytime soon. But I will say I have seen it occupied more often lately than it used to be (in the evenings, at least).

1.  The hallway reno photos above - I'm pretty sure that is not the finished product and that there will not be carpeting. I'll see what I can find out.

I hope you're right. Carpeting is hard to keep nice. And I don't think we need it to dampen noise—I've never noticed that our hallways were noisy, except when renovations have been going on. The way they're constructed, there isn't much echoing.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 10:12:55 PM by Simka »

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #532 on: Yesterday at 01:42:22 PM »
Hi - to any owners who are already living in the complex - did our maintenance fees go up?  I just received my bill via email and it's $24 higher than usual.  Does anyone know what's up with that? 

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #533 on: Yesterday at 02:11:56 PM »
Yes around six cents a share. Was announced via a mailing package

Offline MrPlaza

• Citizen
« Reply #534 on: Yesterday at 05:30:45 PM »
Wait. What? When? Does that apply to those who haven't even moved in yet? The maintenance fee on our unit is already astronomical...

Offline NYC Peromyscus

• Council Member
« Reply #535 on: Yesterday at 06:01:44 PM »
Wait. What? When? Does that apply to those who haven't even moved in yet? The maintenance fee on our unit is already astronomical...

Maintenance goes up, almost never down! At least you don't have any assessments yet!

Offline newjhuser

• Citizen
« Reply #536 on: Yesterday at 08:58:59 PM »
If you closed on it you Will have to pay

Offline MrPlaza

• Citizen
« Reply #537 on: Today at 06:31:39 AM »
Maintenance goes up, almost never down! At least you don't have any assessments yet!
I know it never goes down. But the place JUST opened as a co-op and there's already an increase?

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #537 on: Today at 06:31:39 AM »