Author Topic: Dentist and Optician/Optometrist recommendations?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline lalochezia

• Council Member
Dentist and Optician/Optometrist recommendations?
« on: January 07, 2015, 12:51:26 PM »
Anyone have repeated good experiences with a local dentist and/or optician/optometrist? This would be for routine eye tests and dental checkups for middle-aged adults.

i) (Preferably between 70-80 St and 37-34 Ave).
ii) If the dental practice has modern X-ray equipment (not developed using films, but CCD/other digital tech), that would be great.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
Re: Dentist and Optician/Optometrist recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 04:49:38 PM »
i highly recommend dr. seth wolfson at JH Dental on 37th at 78th. very good with nervous patients, very patient in explaining what does and doesn't need to be done. the x-ray equipment is old school, but the practice is clean, friendly and efficient on all levels.

Offline Liz

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2015, 12:57:35 PM »
Frank Titone for opthamalogy - 3742 73rd 426-4474 - he's terrific.  I've been going there for years.

Offline divanatrix

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 08:44:32 AM »
Anyone have repeated good experiences with a local dentist and/or optician/optometrist? This would be for routine eye tests and dental checkups for middle-aged adults.

i) (Preferably between 70-80 St and 37-34 Ave).
ii) If the dental practice has modern X-ray equipment (not developed using films, but CCD/other digital tech), that would be great.

While a bit out of your "preferred" location - 88th/Northern, BestCare Family Dental has very modern equipment (x rays go straight to computer, etc.).  I've been going there since May 2011 and am very pleased with Dr. A & his staff.

Offline lalochezia

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 09:29:11 AM »
Anyone have any updates on the above suggestions, particularly dentists?

Offline passthekimchi

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2016, 10:07:41 PM »
My wife and I go to smiling village dentistry - Doctor Bo

We've been happy with her as our dentist, and she seems very knowledgeable. i think she also teaches at NYU's dental school:

http://dentist-jacksonheights.com/about-smiling-village-dentistry.html

Offline MinorIon

• Resident
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 07:51:33 PM »
i highly recommend dr. seth wolfson at JH Dental on 37th at 78th. very good with nervous patients, very patient in explaining what does and doesn't need to be done. the x-ray equipment is old school, but the practice is clean, friendly and efficient on all levels.

Can't say enough good things about Seth Wolfson. Just a fantastic dentist. The kind of dentist who glues back an old crown that fell off, when he could easily just say, "Eh, you need a new one. Hand me cash."

The hygienists and front office staff there are very good too.

Offline daisy

• Council Member
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:38:11 PM »
 I had a good experience here a few weeks ago:  http://www.yelp.com/biz/queens-professional-dental-care-pc-jackson-heights-2

http://www.queensprodentalcare.com/

Office is clean, and there were no scams.  I have very good teeth so I can usually tell when someone is just out for the money.  Friendly staff and head dentist.

Offline dotley

• Council Member
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 06:52:08 AM »
Dr. Marc Rosenblatt.  He is an opthamologist here in Jackson Heights on 77 Street.  As far as dentistry, Dr. Paul Spatzner on 70 Street and Northern Blvd is good but the xrays are not digital.

Offline voelteer

• Tourist
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »
Picking up this older thread, though from the optician end this time:
anyone among our many opticians in JH to recommend for making new (prescription) lenses for vintage frames?

Many thanks in advance!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 06:31:55 PM »