Author Topic: Packers AND Movers  (Read 1682 times)

Offline EvaViva

• Tourist
Packers AND Movers
« on: August 14, 2015, 03:31:21 PM »
Hi,

I'm looking for a reliable and good moving AND packing company.  I need movers who will also be able to pack up the house.  Any suggestions?

The move is relatively short but,because of a health issues, I need help packing things up.

Thanks!

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
Re: Packers AND Movers
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 06:30:11 PM »
I have never used them myself, but I have heard a lot of neighbors recommending Shea Movers.  They are owned by JH people. Their website mentions packing and moving.  http://www.sheamoving.com/

Offline specanha

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 07:35:14 PM »
I used them, thought they were good. Would recommend.

Offline ptbass75

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 10:39:30 PM »
I used Oz. expensive, but fully insured.  You get what you pay for. Thought they were great. B

Offline Lilybell

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 07:41:47 AM »
I used Flat Rate movers for my last 4 moves (one was 1000 miles) and have had nothing but good experiences with them.

I've never had them pack for me but I know one of my friends did. They are pretty reasonable for what they provide (but they aren't dirt cheap).

www.flatrate.com

Offline wlirfan

• Activist
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »
I've used Moishe's for my last two moves, and they were on-time and reliable.  They did break a piece of wooden furniture during the move, but they also immediately repaired it and it looks just like new.

Offline Shelby2

• Global Moderator
  • Mayor
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 06:28:13 PM »
I have never used them myself, but I have heard a lot of neighbors recommending Shea Movers.  They are owned by JH people. Their website mentions packing and moving.  http://www.sheamoving.com/

I took a chance and recommended Shea Movers to a friend who was moving apartments within Manhattan. (Took a chance meaning I couldn't personally vouch for them since I've never used them myself.) About a month before the move, she met with them and one other company and decided to go with Shea. She called me today and said she was extremely happy with them.

Offline nyclover212

• Tourist
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2017, 12:51:49 PM »
Check out Roadway Moving. I used them when I moved from CT to NYC last year and they made the whole process a breeze!

[Moderator's Note: This post violates our website rules, and the (non-functioning) link you provided has been removed.  Don't pretend to be the customer of a business if you work there.]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 11:24:37 AM by toddg »

Offline the80s

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2017, 01:25:31 PM »

I took a chance and recommended Shea Movers to a friend who was moving apartments within Manhattan. (Took a chance meaning I couldn't personally vouch for them since I've never used them myself.) About a month before the move, she met with them and one other company and decided to go with Shea. She called me today and said she was extremely happy with them.

Yes, Shea Moving is the best! I have used them twice, and both times they were so nice, so professional, really good at what they do, and a pleasure to deal with. The moves were a breeze, and I'm someone who HATES moving.

And I love that they are a local, family-owned company—it really shows. Everyone from Shea I've ever had contact with, from the office (really just Julie Shea there) to the movers, has been super helpful and accommodating. And nothing broke. :)

Offline lalochezia

• Council Member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »

Yes, Shea Moving is the best! I have used them twice, and both times they were so nice, so professional, really good at what they do, and a pleasure to deal with. The moves were a breeze, and I'm someone who HATES moving.

+1

Moved twice with them. 100% recommend! Super professional & efficient. On time at beginning and end.  Broke  nothing. Lost nothing. No scammy upsells or delays that plague the industry. Charged what they said they would.  Nice people.

Could you ask for more?

Offline Simka

• Activist
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 04:38:13 PM »
Wow, this is helpful. I'm not currently looking for movers, but will be at some point in the future, so I'm bookmarking this thread.

P.S. I very much appreciate the moderators' efforts to discourage businesses doing self-promotion here!

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2017, 04:38:13 PM »