Author Topic: 2M for one of these in the near future?  (Read 1153 times)

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Citizen
Re: 2M for one of these in the near future?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 08:28:38 PM »
Aren't all of these split into 2 or 4 units?  Is this price for the whole thing, or just one unit?  Always wondered just how these homes worked.  Does one person own the whole thing and rent out the other units?  Or, are they each owned separately?  Anyone know?

Offline fivestarbkg

• Tourist
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 09:41:33 PM »
Its a single family home I believe the lot size is 40x100.
The homes are huge and 3431 86th Street sold for 1,330,000 June 2015.

Offline nyvz

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 12:17:07 AM »
Aren't all of these split into 2 or 4 units?  Is this price for the whole thing, or just one unit?  Always wondered just how these homes worked.  Does one person own the whole thing and rent out the other units?  Or, are they each owned separately?  Anyone know?

I always wondered that myself, but this one looks like it may not be one of those, most of those split ones are symmetrical with separate entrances on each side and split down the middle despite resembling a single family home, aren't they?

Offline hum@njukebox1

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2017, 08:07:11 PM »
In any case, I shan't be moving into any $1.675 million dollar homes any time soon.  Or, in this lifetime for that matter.  Sigh.

:(

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 05:37:34 PM »
they're single family. my ex and i looked at a smaller one, either that block or 87th, back in 1996.asking price was 375,000. the buyer got it, all cash.

we ended up buying one of the spanish houses on 75th for quite a bit less. we split in 2003, and she sold it a couple of years ago for $999, 900 - to avoid that one million dollar balloon tax.

In any case, I shan't be moving into any $1.675 million dollar homes any time soon.  Or, in this lifetime for that matter.  Sigh.

:(

Offline CaptainFlannel

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »
the floor plan is included in that listing, and it's a 5 bedroom, three bathroom single family. It's a big house. Not sure what the basements are like in those homes and if they can be converted to usable space. If a powder room can be added to the first floor, that would be ideal for a large family. I've seen close family members jointly buy a single family house, and this looks like a home that would work well for that.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:00:12 AM »