Author Topic: Burrito Feliz  (Read 3282 times)

Offline ptbass75

• Mayor
Burrito Feliz
« on: March 28, 2015, 08:32:15 PM »
Looks like the short lived Roosevelt Diner on 79th and Roosevelt (which was Fiesta Chicken before that.  An amazing underated Peruvian chicken house) is slated to be rebranded as 'Burrito Feliz'. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a California style burrito joint like Fatty Daddy or Rachel's in Park Slope, but just from the look I'm gonna guess more authentic style Mexican.

Offline cultartist

• Activist
Re: Burrito Feliz
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 06:21:25 PM »
ate there the other day.  really good and turns out they share ownership with one of my favorites, Bella Puebla

http://ny.eater.com/2014/7/22/6173261/eat-tacos-youve-never-heard-of-at-queens-bella-puebla

best to skip the burrito (not bad, kinda ordinary) and make a beeline for the tacos arabes or tacos placeros.  Those are the things that set them apart.  Give 'em a try.  They're nice and just getting started.

Offline Jeffsayyes

• Mayor
    • Jeffrey Tastes
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 09:35:51 PM »
wowww, if its related to bella puebla, that's excellent news. They are among my favorite places in the area - though a little too far. I must say, I thought the name Burrito Feliz was stupid, but now I will def give it a shot and inquire.

Offline Annie007

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2015, 04:59:12 PM »
I got some tacos to go, and was pleasantly surprised to see a grilled leek atop my order when I got home.  It's a seasonal specialty in Mexico. 

Offline cultartist

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 11:17:45 AM »
try the tacos placeros (chile relleno with a hard boiled egg--big, filling, delicious) or the tacos arabes.  My only gripe is that they keep the front doors open which makes the place pretty deafening every time the 7-train goes by.  Wonder why they do that?

Offline pipman

• Activist
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 10:12:14 PM »
Want to like this place.  Agree the tacos are good and the guacamole in nice and thick and creamy--not watery like some of the other restaurants.  Wasn't too impressed with the burrito. Taqueria Coatzalingo (76th) quality has gone down and I don't like the new Sports Bar space connected.  Is quality of Mexican food going down in neighborhood (like Indian)--or maybe after returning from Mexico it just pales in comparison.  Some of the food carts here look better than the restaurants.

Offline dssjh

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2015, 10:54:32 PM »
looking forward to trying this place. haven't noticed any downturn at coatzingo, and i've been going there since ten days or so after it opened. the food cart right outside the chase bank serves some great snacks and the area's best quesadillas.

and if you're looking for good guacamole, check out el rico tinto. the place is a real gem.

Offline toddg

• Mayor
  • Lived here since: 2002
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2016, 05:06:57 PM »
This has been our go-to Mexican delivery place for a while, but sadly it now appears closed.

Offline ptbass75

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »
Hmm, Maybe it's the location.  It's been a few things over the past couple years.

Jackson Heights Life

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 07:05:53 PM »